Travel Expansion Card Holder with Lid

No worries, I didn’t have much time to design it until yesterday regardless. Thanks anyways!

Now available on Printables as well!

3 Likes

Great that it’s on Printables!

I’m not sure if it goes on Framework’s page automatically but it belongs with all these!

https://www.printables.com/@FrameworkComputer/highlights

2 Likes

Bit of feedback. I printed the holder part and while the two normal sized card slots fit perfect and slide in/out smoothly, the ethernet one is really tight. It will fit in all the way, but it takes a considerable force to slide it in/out.

Thanks for the info! If I could take a guess, is it the vertical space that’s too tight?

Also, which orientation did you print it? It may be excess support material if is was laying down

First test just finished… I recommend not printing until v2 comes out soon for tolerances, but the case should still work.
One overlook, the support for the guide on the base interferes with the holder when closed. For now, just use snips or a knife to remove:

General sanding to make interactions smooth is also needed, but that will likely always be the ‘case’ (pun intended):joy:

1 Like

The tolerances and interference have been adjusted and uploaded. Print away!

3 Likes

I absolutely NEED a double-stack design that allows for 6 ports (1 of which would be ethernet)
How about using the extra space (the empty L shape) for storing the screwdriver bit?

Thank you this is perfect! Printed out in blue and came out good.

I forgot to block out supports for the framework logo in my slicer so it printed supports (too small to remove), and some white from my last print that I couldn’t get off my bed got printed into this model (good way to clean the print bed :D), but it functions perfectly!

Thank you.

3 Likes

That’s a cool idea.

Another case I would find useful would be one for the “small keyboard modules”, since I can see people having multiple kinds once more varieties come out.

Awesome to hear! I’m glad someone with a netwrok card could confirm :laughing:

What I may actually do for y’all is clean up my 2 card design and give you the CAD files for the community to modify as they wish. I’ll try to get them out in the next couple of days

2 Likes

Yes! 6 cards + ethernet + screwdriver + numpad/2 spacers would be AMAZING.