Ubuntu 26.04 tablet mode regression?

Something weird seems to have happened lately with Ubuntu 26.04 and BIOS 3.09. The tablet mode with popup keyboard only works when the display is fully flat against the back of the computer, whereas before you could fold it most of the way and it would activate.

Then when in tablet mode the auto rotate doesn’t work. All was fine before.

Also flipping the screen back to laptop format doesn’t return to KB/mouse mode.

The keyboard also seems to skip letters randomly.

Anyone else?

Just tried it and couldn’t reproduce that, although I did have a problem a couple of days ago with the mouse not returning after being in tablet mode.

I still have the script running that was needed for tablet mode in earlier versions of Ubuntu. This thread Ubuntu 25.10 on Framework Laptop 12 - #18 by Matt_Hartley I never got round to removing/undoing it.

Maybe that makes a difference.

Tried using both with the script and without the script, same issue. Starting to think it was maybe a regression with the 3.09 BIOS.

Leaving the solution here in case it helps: I reset the BIOS and now it works as expected! Except the keyboard still skips letters…

I had a similar behaviour shortly after replacing my (cracked) bottom and top cover. I did not have your keyboard behaviour, but the tablet switching issues and in my case the laptop did not go to sleep mode when fully closed.
It turned out that I had to tighten the hinge screws a bit more… now everything works again.