Updated bezel to match 2.8K screen corners

Very excited for the new 120Hz screen! Admittedly it’s a bit against the ethos of reusability, but has making a bezel that matches the rounded corners of the screen been considered? I’d order one to match if it was available.

4 Likes

I’ll second this! The screen update is soooo on point for my daily use, and the original internal corner of the bezel did not make much sense to me in the first place - it just does not agree with the rounded corner of the laptop.

The only thing I would add is rounded webcam holes as well. Maybe at least give us options for aesthetic things like this - I believe that different people like different things, but this is where the spirit of customization of Framework should shine!

1 Like

According to Framework’s CEO it was considered but they decided against it.

1 Like

Hey y’all

I’m very interested in popping in a pre-order of the 2.8k display for the FW13, noticed the interesting design choice for rounded corners on the display.

Will there be a rounded bezel option to accompany the display? If not, could I make a feature request? I feel a rounded bezel would make this display look less like an afterthought and a bit more cohesive :slight_smile:

They considered it but decided against it, apparently the minor looks advantage wasn’t worth the product fragmentation.

2 Likes

i would definitely be interested in a rounded bezel. with rounded camera and mic sliders and camera cutout. i think that would look slick.
i am super happy with the looks currently, but a rounded bezel would be great for the new screen. i’m in batch 1 for the screen, very excited!