[WANTED] 11th/12th mainboard in EU

Not sure if it’s in the right category, if not, feel free to move topic!
I’m looking for a used 11th or a 12th Generation mainboard for a relatively good price in Europe. I’m looking to use it as a standalone device in the 3D printed case.
I did not have much chance on Reddit or eBay in Europe, so I’m coming here! Thanks!!

PS: It would be amazing to have an official used marketplace!

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the forum.

That is not a ‘great’ idea. Can you imagine Framework being responsible for second hand sales between people ??

There could be a category for person to person but even that requires moderating by ‘users’ etc.

Note I’ve changed the first word as I think it is clearer.

Thank you for the welcome and the edit!

That’s not what I had in mind. More like a buyback program of used mainboard from Framework and reselling them as refurbished. But I very well understand that the costs of the logistics associated would outweigh the pros!

Anyway, thank you!!

1 Like

Have you checked the “r/frameworkmarket” on Reddit?

Framework was originally planning for the “Marketplace” on their website to include used parts as well, but they haven’t yet been able to implement this. It’s possible that they ran into legal issues stopping them, but as far as I know that is still a future goal.

They could still offer a place to sell for others – a subset of eBay or Amazon dedicated to FWs and associated goods (custom modules, custom painted lids, …) and services. I can imagine some smaller shops would specialize in cleaning and testing to sell refurbished with a warranty of their own.

No warranty from FW then to keep them out of legal trouble and their costs low, and hopefully no fees. This could remain a marketing only activity on the FW side. If/when they start to sell refurbished themselves, they just step in as another supplier there.

In their recent videos they have said they are working on it, so if I find the video I’ll provide a link

This would rule out pretty much all of the EU then.

Honestly it is probably harder to open a refurbish/resell store here than selling brand new products.

I guess you meant to quote

Just operating a market place would place them in a situation like eBay or Amazon for used goods.

But a product owner cant operate a market which sells their products but have no liability in it, thats not how things work afaik.

Do you have any example where a company has successfully done so in Europe?

Ah, there’s the misunderstanding! Disclaimer: All below AIUI but IANAL.

FW would have two legal roles: market operator who provides the infrastructure for the transactions, and one of the sellers. Then every seller would have be responsible for the goods they offer, as usual. FW (as seller!) not excluded.

That would be like a stadium owner who organizes a flea market on the parking lot, and also sets up a booth selling their tickets. They have no obligation towards buyers (beyond those derivative of the organizing, i.e., safety, toilets, … ), except for their ticket sales. They are not responsible if granny’s gramophone turns out to be broken, but if the games for the sold tickets don’t take place they have to refund (this may depend on local legislation).

No. It’s not what I meant.