Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hello. I’m a PhD student in Biostatistics. I’ve been meaning to upgrade my laptop for while and when I saw the expedited delivery for December I decided to fork up the money for the professional, non-DIY version. Currently running Windows 11 while I decide which distro I want to install but will probably dual boot EndeavorOS (with i3wm). Wonderful product and completely worth the money.

5 Likes

Welcome @tjonmundsson!

1 Like

Taiwanese High school student, age 18, will take the university exam in May.
Target is National Taiwan University of Science and Technology.
Collect used computer parts start from five years ago.
Finding a perfect laptop for University lessons, framework DIY Edition with AMD Rembrandt APU may be the best choice!

3 Likes

Hi I’m Davis
I first heard of framework from Linus un LTT and am really fed up with all the big Laptop brands. I would like to get a framework in the hopes it’s as good as the praise, however, I live in Switzerland…

edit: i pre-orderd a german version and awaiting the clear keyboard or swiss one an switch it out as soon as i get that

6 Likes

Hello! I’m a Roblox Game Developer, big fan of Computer hardware, and really excited for Framework and hope it works out!

2 Likes

Hello - power systems engineer here in Northern California. This is my first time owning a premium laptop that you can actually fix! Excited to be part of the community. I think Framework has a great idea and I’m excited to see what they come out with next.

4 Likes

Hello. I`ve already posted here several times but just found the welcome wagon lol.
I install and service eye-related medical equipment throughout the Midwest and some South.
My 5 yr old Pentium-powered Dell had seen better days. I also own a Surface Go for travel but not real happy with it. Then I bought a Yoga 6 like the day before I found Framework on the web. The Yoga had better specs on paper but I loved the Framework design so I really struggled. Finally I opted for the Framework and no looking back. So glad I did! Took it apart second day just because “I can”.
Look forward to this community “having my back” when in need, and hopefully I can bring some assistance along the way.

9 Likes

Hi! I’m a college psychology professor. I first learned about Framework last year in a video from Adam Savage’s Tested; I was really excited by the promise of being able to upgrade as needed to have a functional laptop for much longer than the Dells I’ve often owned. Just ordered today and excited to try it out.

4 Likes

Security Pro here, and long time tech nerd. Just got my framework DIY in yesterday and I am in love. looking forward to printing more expansion cards for it! Plus when we’re able to get upgraded mainboards I have ideas for this original one, which is something no other laptop has been able to offer, ever

5 Likes

Hello World! (heh… helloworld, funny) My name is Jason and I am a pastery chef. As a hobby I build computers. I was recently perusing the interwebs and came across an advert for an awsome diy laptop. I like to tinker so when I read the specs on the framework I was literally blown away! Now, I can hardly wait to get one! such a reasonable price too! When I got the full description of this laptops capabilities I felt like a kid and it was Christmas and my Birthday all in one! Now I cant wait to get one!

7 Likes

Hello, my name is Webb and I am from Washington, DC. As for PC’s and electronics I am a Linux/Arduino/Raspberry Pi user and my everyday machine for work and home use is a modded ThinkPad t440p (i7 4712, 16GB, 2x 500GB SSDs with 1080p IPS display). I enjoy tweaking and modifying my machines just as much as I enjoy using them for everyday workplace productivity.

My 13-year-old son told me about Framework, and I think the product is a perfect match for my needs and interests. It is also easier to lug around daily than an older ThinkPad.

I ordered an i5 DIY edition and have separately ordered the RAM and SSD. I plan on using Debian Linux and a Windows 10 VirtualBox guest os for my work-related Windows needs (proprietary Windows-based software). I hope to connect the laptop to an external 21:9 display to look at architectural plans and provide material solutions for custom millwork, windows and doors.

I am really looking forward to using the laptop everyday, and being a contributing member of the Framework community!

7 Likes

Hello,
My name is Michel, I am a developer, based in Brooklyn, New York. I went from Linux to Mac and now back to Linux. I like the idea of having a computer that I can upgrade and fix. I have ordered a DIY Framework and am waiting for it to arrive. In the meantime, I am reading the posts with great interest.

5 Likes

Hey My name is Nick and i’m a senior in highschool that committed to a Bio Major. I was always into computers but they took the back seat for the past years, but im happy to finally be back in the hobby also i’m really into cars mostly Euros. Im excited with the possibilities with this laptop.

3 Likes

Hey all, I am Sam from Switzerland, a tech enthusiast and currently working in customer service for a Swiss online shop. And speaking of Switzerland, I really hope that one day I will be able to buy such a beautiful framework notebook. Because I am excited about the idea of a modular notebook and I in my free time I like to tinker around with Pc and notebooks.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community “neighbor”!

Don’t be shy… Buy it online with a forwarding service and you’ll have your laptop in no time :wink:

2 Likes

Please weigh your options carefully before freight forwarding:

8 Likes

For some reason no one can post here anymore, so we’ve revived the thread here:

6 Likes