I recently mentioned my laptop not being able to switch into hibernate after enabling the memory integrity feature of windows 11.
My systems details:
- Framework Laptop 13 (AMD Ryzen 7640U)
- BIOS 03.02 09/27/2023
- OS BUILD 22621.1.amd64fre.ni_release.220506-1250
- Modern standby enabled
The issue can be reproduced as followed:
- Fresh install of Win11, install driver bundle, update the OS to its latest version
- Settings => Privacy & Security => Windows Security => Device Security => Core isolation => Memory integrity => On
- Perform a restart
- After the system is back up again the system will fail to go into hibernate if you trigger it manually. It just turns off the screen but stays active. Also it fails to switch to hibernate after 5% of battery drain after the lid was closed.
I did some debugging with memory integrity being turned on/off. Here is what powercfg /sleepstudy reports:
Since the user will be reminded by the Security Center to switch on this feature I would like to have it enabled without loosing hibernate functionality.