Aah i meant thunderbolt 4. I did get it working by removing the ssd as mentioned in a earlier comment! I installed he windows bios update and the EFI update and failed. I removed the ssd and ran the EFI update another time via usb and this worked. Also my thunderbolt device works correctly now.
Honestly, I have firewalls and am the only user, if we’re scared of buggy efi code run your browser under KVM/Hyperv I mean, air gapping ?? That’s a bit excessive, or wait let’s start worrying about the EM variance of my keyboard through the A/C power !!
The amount of undisclosed vulnerabilities exceeded the known “patched / CVE” set by orders of magnitude. If patching was so effective, security policies would be a one page document.
I’ve rarely seen a flaw that I’m really worried about, compensating controls and mitigation gets you really far (and don’t let anyone else have remote shell on your laptop)!!
Hi folks. As promised, the latest update is that we’ve received 12th Gen Intel Core BIOS 3.08 from our development partner and have begun internal testing today. Once we’ve finished the testing, if no blocking issues are found, our plan is to release the BIOS as BETA to the Community next week. Almost there.
Thank you for the update ![]()
Im still on 3.04, can I just hop onto 3.08 or do I need an intermediate update?
or is this handled by the update, do the other firmware also get updated? for retimers, thunderbolt, EC etc I dunno what got updated in 3.06 exactly. I assume a similar process and no downgrading (unless we want usb2 only on the left side) applies to 3.08? Many questions, but I think these get answered right away when you guys drop the (long) awaited update.
Very excited :3
Today the new 12th Gen Intel BIOS version 3.08 Beta was released.
A post was merged into an existing topic: 12th Gen Intel Core BIOS 3.08 Beta Release
Your report is about the BIOS 3.08? If it is yes, please comment it on the BIOS 3.08 thread. Not this 3.06 thread.
Gentle reminder - 3.08 posts need to go to the 3.08 thread.
Since this release is no longer the latest beta, closing this thread to prevent confusion.