13th Gen Intel Core + Ubuntu 22.04 + NVIDIA eGPU Issues

Hi, I have been unsuccessful in getting my Framework 13 (13th Gen Intel Core) NVIDIA drivers to recognize my NVIDIA 3090 Founders Edition + Razer Core X eGPU. Currently, I am running Ubuntu 22.04, but have also tried Ubuntu 20.04 and Fedora 38 without success. I’ve tried nvidia-driver-525, nvidia-driver-525-open, nvidia-driver-535, and nvidia-driver-545 drivers as well.

I was able to get the eGPU working (nvidia-smi recognized the device and returned the expected output) with someone else’s Framework Laptop 13 with the 13th Gen Intel core running Window’s 11 as well as another Framework Laptop 13 with the 11th Gen Intel core, which at least confirms that the eGPU works.

My issue distills down to when I run lspci it lists the GPU and even the version number, but nvidia-smi returns “No devices found.”

I’ve tried various instructions from this forum and others without success:

If anyone has gotten the Framework 13 (13th Gen Intel Core) to work with an NVIDIA eGPU what workarounds did you have to do? Any other advice would also be appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!