AMD Batch 2 Guild

Holy crap today was a whirlwind at work so didn’t refresh constantly all day but charged 6 hours ago! The hype is absolutely real haha

Ryzen 7, 2x16 ram, 2TB ssd and one of each card apart from audio and 250GB card so seems they have stock of everything again haha

I got mine a day early! So exciting.

First the question burning in your mind, the usb-c extension tower works perfectly. They should just sell them like this.

Second, my TS4 dock works perfectly. 4k/120hz RGB with no issues. I don’t have a 2.5GbE switch yet, but the dock NIC worked at 1GbE no issues.

Super happy with this thing so far. I still need to get used to the screen aspect ratio, but hopefully I grow to love it like so many others.

Cheers.

13 Likes

My R5 showed up this morning, a day early! Typing out this message on it now. No issues at all so far on an ElementaryOS install with the OEM kernel. Thanks Framework!

2 Likes

For those of you who received their AMD FWL13 just recently, does it have the recently published 3.0.3 Bios (beta) flashed already, or are you still on 3.0.2 ?

Mine arrived with 3.0.2 flashed. I haven’t seen any reports of batch 2 devices having 3.0.3.

Just found a report of someone receiving their laptop yesterday with Bios 3.0.3.

2 Likes

Ordered on 2023-03-30, charged yesterday, shipping confirmation also yesterday 2023-10-24.
It already made its way to china, now I’m doomed to DoS the tracking service with refresh calls :frowning:

Tracking claims it will arrive on friday, which would be ~3 days from taiwan to germany. Anyone know if thats realistic?

It was 5 days for me to Germany, but with the weekend in between. Should be doable I’d say.

1 Like

Mine got shipped on the same day (in fact we ordered on the same day), to be delivered in France and will be landing in Cologne in about an hour (I am following it on flightradar xD). Maybe we’re on the same plane? You can tell if tracking tells you it left Guangzhou on the 25th at 6:55am.

In any case, considering it’s almost in Cologne in about 30h for me, Friday seems reasonable!

1 Like

@Moxinilian:
Mine got shipped on the same day (in fact we ordered on the same day), to be delivered in France and will be landing in Cologne in about an hour (I am following it on flightradar xD). Maybe we’re on the same plane? You can tell if tracking tells you it left Guangzhou on the 25th at 6:55am.

In any case, considering it’s almost in Cologne in about 30h for me, Friday seems reasonable!

Seems to be the same plane indeed. “package departed from the facility” at 6:55 this morning. How did you find the plane on flightradar? Just checked departures at that airport & time?

I could be in cologne in ~1 hour… you think they would let me pick it up from there? :wink:

1 Like

Yeah there are not that many planes operated by FedEx leaving at exactly that time from this airport and going in the general direction of Europe.

Found it indeed. Thanks!

You’re probably getting tomorrow then!

Trying to not get my hopes up to high, I still expect them to run it to a few other EU countries just for good measure. :smiley:

1 Like

Just had my order shipped notification!
Order placed 27th March for 7840U DIY with some ram and expansion cards. Was charged for it the night before last. Fedex is estimating delivery in the UK on Monday.

Ryzen 7 DIY - shipped (to UK) !! From the sounds of it, could be in my loving arms THIS WEEKEND. No way…

Mine just get teleported from Cologne (where it arrived by plane) to Paris for customs clearance. Made the trip in 13 minutes! The technology that Framework employs to deliver is impressive!

1 Like

2000km/hr or so, right ? Guess the AMD speed leaks outside the laptop :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah sorry, my fault, must have been to deliver mine.

Jokes aside the official FedEx website says it’s still in Cologne. It’s probably that tracking aggregator that is messing with it.

1 Like

Just noticed the actual FexEx site (FedEx | System Down) lists a delivery day, whereas aftership.com as given by FW doesn’t.

Monday’s the day !