AMD Batch 3 Guild

Sounds like some of the batch 2 orders are being processed now. Not too much longer for us :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Reminds me of ā€œgetting the letter from Hogwartsā€ :smile:

4 Likes

Hello, fellow AMD Batch! To help you pass the time :upside_down_face:

What choices did you select for your order?

Base
  • DIY
  • Pre-built
  • Mainboard and parts separately

0 voters

CPU
  • AMD Ryzenā„¢ 5 7640U
  • AMD Ryzenā„¢ 7 7840U

0 voters

Memory
  • DDR5-5600 - 8GB (1 x 8GB)
  • DDR5-5600 - 16GB (1 x 16GB)
  • DDR5-5600 - 16GB (2 x 8GB)
  • DDR5-5600 - 32GB (1 x 32GB)
  • DDR5-5600 - 64GB (2 x 32GB)
  • DDR5-5600 - 32GB (2 x 16GB)
  • None (bring your own)

0 voters

Storage
  • WD_BLACKā„¢ SN770 NVMeā„¢- M.2 2280
  • WD_BLACKā„¢ SN770 NVMeā„¢- M.2 2280 - 500GB
  • WD_BLACKā„¢ SN770 NVMeā„¢- M.2 2280 - 1TB
  • WD_BLACKā„¢ SN850X NVMeā„¢- M.2 2280 - 1TB
  • WD_BLACKā„¢ SN770 NVMeā„¢- M.2 2280 - 2TB
  • WD_BLACKā„¢ SN850X NVMeā„¢- M.2 2280 - 2TB
  • WD_BLACKā„¢ SN850X NVMeā„¢- M.2 2280 - 4TB
  • None (bring your own)

0 voters

Operating System
  • Windows 11 Home (Download)
  • Windows 11 Pro (Download)
  • None (bring your own)

0 voters

Bezel
  • Black
  • Gray
  • Orange
  • Green
  • Lavender
  • Red
  • Clear

0 voters

Keyboard
  • US English
  • British English
  • English International
  • Belgian
  • French
  • French Canadian
  • German
  • Italian
  • Japanese
  • Korean
  • Spanish (Latin American)
  • Spanish (Spain)
  • Traditional Chinese (Cangjie & Zhuyin)
  • Blank ANSI
  • Blank ISO
  • Clear ANSI
  • Clear ISO

0 voters

Power Adapter
  • Power Adapter - 60W - US/Canada
  • Power Adapter - 60W - EU
  • Power Adapter - 60W - UK
  • Power Adapter - 60W - AU
  • None (bring your own)

0 voters

Expansion Cards
  • USB-C
  • USB-A
  • HDMI (3rd Gen)
  • Ethernet
  • DisplayPort (2nd Gen)
  • MicroSD
  • Audio
  • Storage - 250 GB
  • Storage - 1 TB
  • None

0 voters

1 Like

Thanks for the poll.

Every day I find myself checking the forums and my email, hoping for an update.

My tired x230 is disassembling itself more and more by the day. Repairable, but not worth repairing.

Canā€™t wait for the upgrade!

2 Likes

Same here, checking on shipping / FW / compatibility updates several times a day. I havenā€™t been using my current laptop for quite as long as you @Brod8362, and my Precision 5520 from 2017 (i7-7820HQ, Quadro M1200) is still rock solid. But I actually never liked it (keyboard, flawed cooling, short battery life despite the 97 Wh battery), so Iā€™ve been waiting almost since day 1 to finally move on!

1 Like

First batch 2 orders started shipping. Looks like there is a difference between Ryzen 5 and Ryzen 7, in that the batch 1 Ryzen 7 sold out faster, having people ordering those at end of march were in batch 2, whereas the Ryzen 5s sold at that time were still in batch 1.

I guess I really need to go ahead with ordering my RAM and SSD for my Batch 3 FW. No waiting for black Friday sales I guess :smile:

Preparing batch email received!

screenshot-2023-10-19_10:45:48

6 Likes

That was fast!!! I received mine as well.

Apparently they have not fixed the problem with out-of-date credit card info showing up in the emails. So now I donā€™t know if they will charge to the correct card and only the email is off (as stated on the batch 1 thread), or if the charge will fail since that card has been past its expiry date for monthsā€¦ Not the best way to reduce the number of support requests, but I appreciate they go ahead and send emails and batches out as fast as they can, without waiting to resolve all issues.

Edit: Canā€™t find the post anymore where it was stated that only credit card info in the email was outdated. Pretty sure I read that recentlyā€¦

Finally the Hogwarts letter arrived @Ddd.
I just updated my credit card info. but on the main page of my account it doesnt show any saved payment methods. Only on when i go into the menu.
Waiting patiently for the next letter

I got the email too!

Nice to see theyā€™re making progress!

1 Like

Exactly the same for me here

I, too, got the email and hoping to see the charge in the next 3 business days.

IIRC what I read in other threads was that you wonā€™t need to contact support. If your payment fails, youā€™ll just receive an email with a link to pay again using a different card.

3 Likes

https://community.frame.work/t/amd-batch-3-guild/30565/55?u=patrick_corey

I have received over 3 to 5 packages from Framework from 2021 to earlier to this year. I am in the camp to get a mainboard to compueter my upgrade.

With the 11th Gen Intel 13" Framework and 12th Gen Intel 13" Framework purchases, my ships were FedEx. I got a notification from Framework but I get a notification from FedEx when any print label is made (matching my work/home addresses).

hope this helps in what you were asking

@Patrick_Corey Thanks for the reply. Apologies I had deleted the messages before I had seen any response. I figured the details out a bit more on my end. Perhaps a case of being too exited before first posting :sweat_smile:

The info you provided is helpful as well.

@Robert - no problem

One question: do you think, making an (un)informed guess, that any of these items (see below) on my current order (Iā€™m in AMD batch3 for the Ryzen7) might delay my shipment? Maybe I should write to support to ask and have any such item removed to order it seperately later since there is now this fw centre in Europe. My laptops screen is basically dead and I really need my fw asap. :smiley: What do you think?

• HDMI (3rd Gen) EC
  • USB-A EC
  • Ethernet EC
  • 2 x USB-C
    DisplayPort (2nd Gen)
  • WD_BLACKā„¢ SN850X NVMeā„¢- M.2 2280 - 1TB
  • 2 x 16GB fw DDR5-5600
  • 250GB EC
  • MicroSD EC
  • Framework Screwdriver :wink:

Thx for your guesses and cheers!

I think you should be fine given that all the items are in stock on the marketplace and if thereā€™s anywhere these items should be, itā€™s Taiwan where theyā€™re shipping out your order from.

1 Like

My guess would be that there is just no way of knowing, even for FW support. I imagine they are assembling orders as fast as they can with incoming stock, and just keeping all assembly lines fed and working around delivery hiccups from suppliers and other unforeseen delays is probably enough of a logistic challenge without trying to predict what the level of stock will be for all parts at order Nā€¦

Thanks for your answers. I guess youā€™re right about them not being able to predict this. Iā€™ll just keep waiting, itā€™s been almost half a year since I ordered, so a few days more or less wonā€™t matter that much in the grand scheme of things. xD

1 Like