AMD RZ616 bluetooth issues?

I have the Framework 13 with the Ryzen 7040 chipset and the RZ616 adaptor. I upgraded from the Intel 13th gen platform from Framework, which was working fine. Still, now my Bluetooth headphones don’t automatically connect to the PC when I turn them on, ever since I upgraded the mobo to Ryzen. I can manually connect if I go into Bluetooth settings, but I never once had to do that with my old adaptor. Is anyone else seeing this?

• Windows 11 22H2
  • Framework 13 Ryzen 7040
1 Like

I am having the exact same problem with the same hardware. Additionally, I am experiencing frequent (1/week) random bluetooth crashes where the computer “no longer has bluetooth capabilities”. There is a possible correlation to using multipoint (I am using ATH-M50xBT2 headphones), but the random nature of the crashes makes it difficult to pinpoint.

1 Like

I use the Microsoft Surface Headphones 2 (a seriously underrated pair of ANC headphones) and they’ve worked flawlessly on every laptop I’ve paired them with. This is the first time I’ve had the problem with them. Last night, they just stopped working in the middle of a YouTube video and I had to reboot. There’s something going on.

I have also had Bluetooth issues. In my case, though Bluetooth appears to work fine, my Framework doesn’t see as many devices as other systems. Additionally, I’m not able to connect my Mantis Q40 braille display over Bluetooth yet, it isn’t seen at all, but is seen by other devices… Eventually.