Batch 2 - Intel 12th - Guild

My 1240p DIY is being shipped right now

1 Like

mine arrived this AM. A day earlier than first predicted by the Fed Ex tracking.

1 Like

Ordered a DIY 1240 on July 4. I have so much sympathy for people with 1260s and 1280s that have been waiting longer. But it’s a bummer to see that people who ordered the same configuration after me have already gotten their shipping notice, and I haven’t even gotten an email that they are about to charge me (happy for the people that have gotten theirs, of course). Trying to stay optimistic.

I was a bit disappointed with the content of the latest delay email tbh. I’m fully accepting of the delay itself as it’s always on the cards when you pre order a product like this and it’s half expected. The explanation for the delay is a bit unsatisfactory though. There seems to be quite a lot of evidence in this thread that the issues are with the i7’s and that a lot of i5’s are being shipped out to people who ordered much later than some of us who are still waiting for i7’s. It would have been nice if some explanation had been given around this specific issue rather than the somewhat vague and generic explanation we got. I suppose it’s possible that there are just a disproprtionate number of i5 customers who are posting shipping updates on this thread but that seems unlikely.

I’m sure it’ll all be good in the end though. Pleased for those who got their laptops shipped in August and fingers crossed for some good news in early September for the rest of us :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Tom.7 Same response here to the content of the latest email. A week ago we were told we would have more specifics soon. I don’t think a week later is “soon,” and things just got even less specific.

Totally agree with you on the delay being understandable, just the communication is unsatisfactory.

1 Like

Greetings everyone.

In the light of the recent delay update, and motivated by the various questions about shipment status in the FW Reddit community, I have put together this small spread sheet which I hope can help everyone affect by the recent shipment issues to get a better idea of order status of other people, as well as contribute their own entry to inform others … or just kill time fiddling with spread sheet data.

Looking forward to your feedback and contributions.
Best regards.

3 Likes

Bit disappointed with the last bit of communication tbh. Just setting some expectations for when things might arrive would help those of us who anticipated having them by now and might not to make alternative arrangements. Makes it even worse when payment was taken nearly a month ago.

Next few weeks? October? 2023?

Has anyone received an i7 yet?

I get the frustration around explanations for delays, I really do.

What I saw in this e-mail, though, was the growing pains of a young company trying to build something, establish rapport with suppliers and at each level of the logistical chain, in the middle of challenging global circumstances and in a super competitive (even predatory?) environment. The fact that there is QA at all, that they basically send new parts no questions asked, that they’re entering new markets and adapting to new tax environments, and that they invest so much time/effort in customer service (my personal experience has been flawless), shows me how eager FW is for this whole project to work. In my eye, it’s close to being an alternative economic model - with a very appealing product, not one of those super expensive & low perf items. That is an extremely ambitious endeavour. One that I have tremendous respect for.

Some might see me as too forgiving, maybe I am. But this is a non-standard type of consumer experience, one for which more patience is required. I personally see it as crowdfunding: I have faith in the company and am willing to pay good money to try their product, and from what I gather from the community, we’re nowhere near the crowdfunding scandals of no shipment being made in months or years. The decisive factor for my purchase was that the company had fulfilled its promises 1 year in.

This induced trust and an assumption of good faith, that I’m now applying to my order (shipment, and later on product quality, etc).
Under these assumptions, delays, imo, are understandable (albeit VERY frustrating, I’m stomping like an angry toddler rn). And the e-mail was enough to get me to stop refreshing my mailbox every 3mn (no exaggeration), so it did wonders for my productivity.

That said, if I’m wrong - and more generally if promises are not kept - I’ll probably join the contingent of angry customers and review my opinion of FW, which imo is a reasonable position.

Lastly, since Batch 3 is still advertised as being shipped in Sept. on the purchase site, and Batch 2 is due to be shipped before Batch 3, it is probably safe to assume that shipments will be made in Sept.

I’m very much looking forward to sharing my FW experiences with all of you once the package is finally in my hands [insert here cinematic evil satisfied laughter].

P.S. I filled in the spreadsheet, and am pretty eager to see any patterns emerge :pray:

3 Likes

This is great. Might be handy to add a column for arrival date?

3 Likes

Nice, added my order to the list. 1240p DIY ordered June 29.

1 Like

@Mimsy I don’t think there is a “contingent of angry customers” or any indication that people think promises won’t be kept. Just a few observations from people that the latest communication about the delay could have been more informative. You’ve done what you can to try to interpret the email and offer answers to questions people have asked about it but it wouldn’t be necessary for you to do that had the email been more meaningful / specific etc.

I’m completely onboard with your admiration for what Framework are doing and the exemplary way that they have been delivering this exciting and ambitious project. I suspect most people who have placed orders will feel the same way. I do think it makes sense for people to point out any misgivings they have about the communication in the forums though and hopefully the framework team will find the comments useful.

3 Likes

I’ve added mine to the list.

2 Likes

I still can’t figure out how to reply to individual posts but @Tom.7 is correct, I’m not complaining about the delay. I’ve run businesses, issues happen. It’s not the mistakes but how you handle and communicate. Be clear about what went wrong, what you’re doing to fix it and then set their expectations for a resolution. The communication so far hasn’t done that.

4 Likes

Well that was fast. Just an hour after adding myself to the spreadsheet I get the “We’re preparing to ship your order” email and then five minutes after that the “We’ve billed you” email. The second email surprised me a bit…

I mean, I’m not really complaining, but I’m glad I had the funds in that account at the time. I’d originally been planning on transferring them in from a different account once I got the “preparing” email.

3 Likes

I had the same happen to me as well just now. Step 3 and 4 done in the span of 5 minutes or so. Oh well, at the least the order is proceeding so I’m not going to complain too much.

1 Like

Added to the shipped list. Glad we are finally seeing some motion :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just got:

Ordered on June 14, 1240P, DIY with a bunch of expansion cards, SSD, RAM, charger.

1 Like

Indeed it is friend. I just received the “We’re preparing to ship your order!” e-mail. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Man’s rolled high enough on initiative there to get the starting advantage!

By chance, did you order with or without the Framework charger? Am wondering if it is a source of delay for some orders, I have personally today sent a request to have mine removed from my order as I have acquired sufficient hardware to replace it.

Best Regards,
Varg

Did the same thing last weekend since I had the same thoughts :smiley:
A) to see if my order does still exist
B) because I bought an overkill Anker 100W charger already

But nothing is going forward here, unfortunately.

2 Likes