Batch 2 - Intel 12th - Guild

Lucky guy. You ordered 9 days after me but are at least one step ahead of me.
Got the same config as you. Even more expansion cards so technically they would make more money out of me by going first come first serve.

No hard feelings to be clear. Just jealous.

1 Like

It’s here !!!

5 Likes

i7-1280P DIY, June 22, 2022 order, I got the emails about the delays but just received the stage 3 email now. If all goes well they charge me this week and ship next week. :partying_face:

1 Like

@onceandfuture Thanks for the suggestion.
Since the shipping from the factory to the customer depends on many more variables that are not as easy to query, I thought it was quite high variance and thus not necessarily helpful.
In any case, added it as an option for those who might be interested in that.

Also thanks a lot for filling up the spread sheet. It seems that quite a few people are now receiving Step 3 emails.

Great job Framework.

1 Like

Just added my order to the spreadsheet.

Agree about the transparency of exactly what is causing the issues. Is it the assembly of the laptop (base components) itself, the power adapter, the expansion cards or the shipping region?

I however do understand that starting a business is difficult and the manufacturing logistics of something as well-engineered as this is not always predictable. The people at FrameWork are human, just like us, and with this being the second year, they’re still running into things for the first time. Completely relatable.

Appreciate the e-mail updates, as someone who has ordered from the Dell webshop before I can say I’ve been through a lot worse :wink:

I shall remain patient and wait! Looking forward to seeing my FrameWork in person.

3 Likes

I’ll add my order to the list…

DIY Edition i5-1240p w/ power adapter, 2x USB-C, 2x USB-A, 1x HDMI, 1x DP, 1x microSD
I already have 2x32GB RAM, and Samsung 980 Pro 1TB waiting to be installed.
Plan to run dual boot Win 11 Pro (already have a license) and ArchLinux.

• Ordered: 2022.06.06
  • Step 2: 2022.08.01
  • Step 3: 2022.08.18
  • Step 4: 2022.08.19
  • Step 5: 2022.08.26
  • Delivery: 2022.08.31 (a day earlier than original tracking estimate!)

Can’t wait to get this unboxed and put through the paces.

2 Likes

Saw you there. Thanks a lot.
Nice to see a fellow Arch LInux-er over here too.

Apparenlty you just copy the link of the post and paste it in the reply text box. The preview will appear on the right.
Just learned this too. :sweat_smile:

Best of luck for your order.

1 Like

I buckled and watched a Youtube video about Discourse, it turns out if you select some text you can also quote reply!

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip. That is even better.

1 Like

Has anyone from The Netherlands received a “step 3” e-mail yet?

2 Likes

Jawel!

3 Likes

It is even easier: Just highlight the text passage you’d like to quote and a magic button will appear. And now I learned that pressing “q” also does the trick.

4 Likes

I did order it with the charger, plus a 500GB SN750, 32GB RAM and 6 Expansion Cards. I thought about removing the SSD and charger to speed things along but now I think I’ll leave it alone

2 Likes

I received my email this morning (8:32 AM - Chicago) stating that my order is being prepared. I placed my order on 29 July 2022.

I did order the Power Adapter and a couple expansion cards additionally.

I will share the status as my order progresses.

I am hoping my friend (from the thread) @Varg has received an updated order status.

My original post was here

4 Likes

Yes, I was a bit scared by the 2 delay mails last week but but today 15:32 I got the step 3 mail.

• Type: build yourself, i1240 (dongles, charger, no ram, no ssd)
  • Location of me: Netherlands
  • Ordered: 06/7/2022 22:37
  • Step 2: 08/01/2022 19:36 Preparing batch email:
  • Step 3: 08/31/2022 15:32 reparing your order:

Also just received preparing to ship email.
Ordered Aug 2nd
i7-1260p
no storage/no RAM

1 Like

Just got charged and received the preparing to ship email. 1240p, ordered July 6th. I got both delay notices as well, so I’m pretty thrilled that I technically got to complete the order within the original batch window. Best wishes to everyone still waiting.

I’m still sitting in the dark, though on the bright side, I now find that the shipping time for me is not as critical as it was a few days ago. I have the whole of September to spare now before a lack of a (Performant) Laptop becomes a real issue :slight_smile:

The new Race, however, is still very much on!

Best Regards,
Varg

3 Likes

Same config but I ordered 1,5 months before you and I still heard nothing but delays :frowning: Happy for everyone tho! I’m sure I don’t have to wait much longer :slight_smile: (hopium)