Batch 2 - Intel 12th - Guild

Apparenlty you just copy the link of the post and paste it in the reply text box. The preview will appear on the right.
Just learned this too. :sweat_smile:

Best of luck for your order.

1 Like

I buckled and watched a Youtube video about Discourse, it turns out if you select some text you can also quote reply!

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip. That is even better.

1 Like

Has anyone from The Netherlands received a “step 3” e-mail yet?

2 Likes

Jawel!

3 Likes

It is even easier: Just highlight the text passage you’d like to quote and a magic button will appear. And now I learned that pressing “q” also does the trick.

4 Likes

I did order it with the charger, plus a 500GB SN750, 32GB RAM and 6 Expansion Cards. I thought about removing the SSD and charger to speed things along but now I think I’ll leave it alone

2 Likes

I received my email this morning (8:32 AM - Chicago) stating that my order is being prepared. I placed my order on 29 July 2022.

I did order the Power Adapter and a couple expansion cards additionally.

I will share the status as my order progresses.

I am hoping my friend (from the thread) @Varg has received an updated order status.

My original post was here

4 Likes

Yes, I was a bit scared by the 2 delay mails last week but but today 15:32 I got the step 3 mail.

• Type: build yourself, i1240 (dongles, charger, no ram, no ssd)
  • Location of me: Netherlands
  • Ordered: 06/7/2022 22:37
  • Step 2: 08/01/2022 19:36 Preparing batch email:
  • Step 3: 08/31/2022 15:32 reparing your order:

Also just received preparing to ship email.
Ordered Aug 2nd
i7-1260p
no storage/no RAM

1 Like

Just got charged and received the preparing to ship email. 1240p, ordered July 6th. I got both delay notices as well, so I’m pretty thrilled that I technically got to complete the order within the original batch window. Best wishes to everyone still waiting.

I’m still sitting in the dark, though on the bright side, I now find that the shipping time for me is not as critical as it was a few days ago. I have the whole of September to spare now before a lack of a (Performant) Laptop becomes a real issue :slight_smile:

The new Race, however, is still very much on!

Best Regards,
Varg

3 Likes

Same config but I ordered 1,5 months before you and I still heard nothing but delays :frowning: Happy for everyone tho! I’m sure I don’t have to wait much longer :slight_smile: (hopium)

@Tancred maybe location difference? I’m in the US

Hmmmm, I tracked my DIY to Anchorage earlier today, but now get this. What’s up FedEx??

Yes I’m in the EU :thinking:

FedEx tracking had an outage according to someone on the Discord.

Final dates

Order Date: 2022-05-30
Configuration: i5-1240P; 1TB SSD; 2 x 16GB RAM
Customisation: British English Keyboard
Expansion Cards: 2 x USB-C; 2 x USB-A; HDMI
Accessories: EU Power Adapter

Step 2 (Preparing batch): 2022-08-01
Step 3 (Preparing order): 2022-08-23
Step 4 (Payment complete): 2022-08-27
Step 5 (Shipping): 2022-08-30
Step :partying_face: (Received): 2022-09-01

Phenomenally quick shipping. I don’t know how much it costs Framework to ship with FedEx International Priority, but it’s a very smart move to give the user a hugely positive final direct interaction with the company.

2 Likes

Thanks. Back to normal this morning and in Indianapolis.

2 Likes

From the sound of things based on the emails, Framework partners with a final assembly and shipping facility in Taiwan. Basically these plants just perform the final packaging of all the other components that were produced elsewhere. I worked with one such facility at my first job and pretty much they prioritize their ordering based off the biggest fish. So if you are the small fry and someone like a OnePlus (just an example) comes in with the same deadline as you, you will get bumped till OP is guaranteed to meet their deadline. Much better to anger the smaller of the two to ensure the bigger orders come back. We had a very similar thing happen to us with an order of 500 custom arm based boards getting delayed about 3 weeks due to assembly conflict in the final leg of production.

1 Like