Batch 3 - Intel 12th Gen - Guild

Yea, the ssd cooler was too tall, but the copper pads worked well. I have had a work pile on so all I have done is get ubuntu installed and a few settings adjusted. I haven’t done any benchmarking. Also, I purchased, and intended to use, the paste on the cpu, but when I opened it I decided not detach the fan (because it looked so perfect lol). I can always do that in the future since everything is replaceable!

I found this guy’s video to explain how to install the cooling equipment but he also goes into the theories about the heating on the newer model ssds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtlMqxfAG00 ; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7jk6tAq3Lg

1 Like

i just receive my laptop it is mounted and is charging

2 Likes

After a long long wait (of 48 days), I’ve finally gotten my email about preparing to ship. Although I was very close to canceling, can’t wait for the laptop to arrive :smiley:
Spreadsheet updated. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

In the UK, just received my step 3 email. Looking forward to now receiving this :slight_smile:, and have updated spreadsheet

2 Likes

3 Days past the initial expected delivery date. Says “At local FedEx facility”. Extremely frustrating. Does anyone know if you can pick it up there? Guess I could call them and ask.

1 Like

Must have talked too soon. It finally arrived. :smile:

4 Likes

I’m one of the group whose shipping date is 2022-Oct-05, and the latest tracking update from Anchorage is ‘Package delayed due to some issues during the customs clearance’. In the Aftership App there is also an alert saying ‘Contact carrier or shipper at the earliest to resolve the issue. Carrier may return the package to sender if it is not resolved’. Are others seeing this, or is this just me? :frowning:

1 Like

I’ve got the “English International” keyboard. Don’t think that is really a special or different keyboard, anyhow I’m still patiently waiting. Would like to receive it soon though, it would be nice to have a new and working laptop.

Same here, got the email yesterday.

I had just sent an email to support to request an update on the delay, asking for a more detailled explanation compared to their last comm…
They responded with pretty much the same answer, that they ship “excess” SKUs to batch 4. Which I’m still not convinced is the full picture, as we’ve seen the same motherboard/keyboard combo being shipped to later orders while earlier ones were still waiting…

Unless their definition of SKUs is more encompassing than I imagine, in which case maybe they could adopt a more flexible approach to fulfilling orders to avoid “SKU build-up” while other SKUs are short on inventory.

Anyway, good luck to everyone still waiting

2 Likes

Just got my “preparing to ship” email. Ordered on the first of September. Of course I will be on vacation for the next two weeks. I hope it doesn’t come in while I am gone. Would’ve been nice to have it for vacation :sob:. The flight would’ve been nicer watching shows on the Framework than my phone. Oh well. I should just be glad it is going to be ready soon.

3 Likes

windows 11 and arch linux have been install
it work super
the only problem it’s the brightness key that don’t work

@Jhonnatan_borja you need to blacklist the hid_sensor_hubs module in Arch currently, as the ALS sensor overrides the brightness keys, even if it’s disabled in the BIOS: 12th gen not sending XF86MonBrightnessUp / Down - #19 by ConfuSomu. rmmod the hid_sensor_* drivers without rebooting to test, or add the blacklist and reboot. It should work fine then!

thx
here some screenshot

Finally got a email and opportunity to pay today! Now let’s hope it doesn’t arrive the few days I’m out and about :sweat_smile:. Super excited to receive it soon. My heart kinda sunk when I got an email titled “unable to process your order”, but luckily it was just because I used iDeal for my purchase and that is a manual payment method

2 Likes

I also just got an email about failing to process my payment. Weird how I didn’t get the emails before though. Doesn’t matter. Paid for my order, hopefully tomorrow I’ll get the AWB tracking number email and will get my laptop soon :smiley:

1 Like

yeah, I already can see the trackingnumber when I check my order, but no mail since step 2.

1 Like

Got my tracking number. One day after the payment.

1 Like

For me it got reserved on my credit card on Friday and booked on Monday, so two days after payment for me.

Got it! :star_struck: :partying_face:

2 Likes

Received mine today, added 64GB Ram and 2TB nvme.

Had numerous issues with OS installation and my Dock, but was able to resolve quickly

Kernel: 6.0 mainline kernel

Installation wise, had to use the safe graphics mode with nomodeset. I’ve seen a few forum posts about 5.19 kernel issues, so went for 6.0 mainline while Ubuntu folks sort out 5.19.

So, my i-teck Dock (CADUAL4KDOCKPD) with evdi driver from devel branch and 5.6.1 DisplayLink tool stack now all working

EDIT: Since my update, now there is kernel 5.19.0-21-generic in 22.10, which seems to have resolved this issue