Batch 3 - Intel 12th Gen - Guild

same for me hope it won’t stay too long on “Operational Delay”
when was it shipped

This morning. About 9 hours ago.

I’m in the same boat as you, unfortunately. I ordered in the middle of August, 1260p International Keyboard, shipping to France. Still, no update since then, besides the mail from the start of the month. Looking at the spreadsheet, the only thing that makes sense to me is that the US orders are taken with a higher priority, at least that is my perception.

I put my order with the idea that by October I would have had my laptop shipped and be ready to use. I don’t know how much longer I can wait before I cancel :frowning:

2 Likes

Just checked and you ordered 19th, I ordered 11th (to UK) and they’ve only just yesterday moved me to stage 3.

I would figure you have 0-2 weeks left before you’ll get your stage 3. It’s taken 2 weeks for it to get to me from the 10 orders before mine and I’ve seen people in the EU get theirs before mine.

Austria with DE keyboard - 39 days from pre-order to shipment (26th) but the shipment is arriving 4 days earlier than projected: today! Unless I just jinxed it.

e: didn’t jinx it - didn’t even take 10 minutes to assemble, Windows installing now.

1 Like

So maybe I’ll get mine in October :smiley:

1 Like

2 Likes

At this point, I would have been less disappointed if they had admitted to prioritize US orders…

Some 1260p laptops have shipped to US customers in 17 days, while CristiRO has been waiting for 42 days (and 38 days for me).

Anyway, I’ll wait, I like the idea of the Framework laptop, I wouldn’t buy anything else right now because I believe in repairability and upgradability, but that doesn’t mean I’m happy with the way things are going :slight_smile:

They are for a sure a little all over the place. I’m a US order but I made changes like adding cards and the charger after the order was placed which is what I think is why mine is delayed. But I’m only at 40 days so far
Luckily i think people have the same mindset where they are willing to wait for a device that is repairable, upgradable

I asked them to make a change to my order (adding a set of 4kg hinges), but it was denied… At least it can’t be another reason for my order to be delayed even more :smiley:

It is nice they are communicating, but their emails don’t explain a whole lot, like what exactly is slowing down some orders and not others. Is it the keyboard layout ? Is it RAM configuration ? Is it expansion cards ? If so, maybe give us a chance to modify our order if it means faster shipping… I could source the RAM myself, or live without a DP card, for instance…

3 Likes

Likely you need a different keyboard layout which means a different timeline.

Pleased to get shipping notification today, so arrival is approximately 5th October. Have ordered my SSD and am about to place order for RAM

1 Like

Timne0 - thanks for the update! What day did you place your order? Didn’t see you on the spreadsheet.

Timn 11th aug

1 Like

canada i will receive it next week if there is no delay

Having a bit of fun with the crowdsourced order tracking google sheet…
For all shipped orders (all batches), the mean time between the start of the batch and the shipping date, by region :

• USA : 22.6 days (94 orders)
  • Canada : 21.2 days (29 orders)
  • Germany : 27.3 days (25 orders)
  • UK : 26.4 days (16 orders)
  • Netherlands : 38.5 days (13 orders)
  • Austria : 36.5 days (6 orders)
  • France : 37.3 days (6 orders)

Make of that what you will…

Notes : I did not include orders that have not shipped yet (I can’t distinguish between people still waiting for their order and people who didn’t update the sheet after receiving theirs).
I also didn’t include the time between preorder and preparation of the batch (as someone who preordered 2 months in advance would have a disproportionately long time compared to someone who preordered just before the batch begins).
The shipping time is also not included, as it is not under Framework’s control.

3 Likes

You might be making too much of this spreadsheet. It’s just a (relatively small) sample and there might be all sorts of cultural, language etc biases in this dataset. People might make mistakes or even put wrong data for lols.

It’s useful but it’s take it with a grain of salt.

2 Likes

I agree with the small sample size, I don’t agree with the cultural barrier… It’s just a column with a date.
As for people putting wrong data, I doubt it. It’s only known to this community, I don’t see why this would happen. Also, most people who filled this form are active on the forum, so you can double-check the validity of the data.

It seems to confirm my bias however, that EU orders take generally much longer that NA orders (I agree it’s a bias and not a fact). Keyboard choice may be a factor, but it’s not the sole reason (CristiRO ordered an international keyboard and is still waiting).

There are also many pending EU orders of 40+ days, so if these are valid, the average will shoot even higher.

2 Likes

Mine (i7-1260p/64GB/UK/No-SSD) has just arrived! Just under 72 hours from dispatch in Taiwan, and two days head of the original scheduled delivery. I’m looking forward to finally getting this setup!

2 Likes

Mine arrived, I’ve installed the Samsung 2TB pro (£80 off at the moment on Amazon, total price £149) and 64GB of RAM (£219) from crucial. Just downloading windows 11… really should have done that earlier.

2 Likes