Batch 5: November Recipients Unite!

I5 diy ordered October 17 & I got the preparing to ship email this morning too!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EHSM1JI
I just ordered this. I have a laptop section in my backpack, so I figure I will slide the Framework into this sleeve and put it in my backpack. No idea on how it will fit, but it will be here tomorrow.

1 Like

I have purchased this sleeve to carry mine in. I will use it in conjunction with my bookbag when needed.

https://www.amazon.com/tomtoc-Protective-Chromebook-Shockproof-Accessory/dp/B01HCF13U6/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=Z7FIFHRMGHNB&keywords=tomtoc%2B13.5&qid=1637099935&sprefix=tomtoc%2B13%2Caps%2C175&sr=8-1-spons&smid=A23FWTZ8UX6LWK&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEySVVaVlBFNzE3Vk1SJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDY1NTQ4MjFOM0hCMThSNVFQTSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMzA1ODU3MjIzUkhORlFDMzI0SyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

1 Like

Got mine a day early today! DIY i5.

2 Likes

i5 ordered Oct 14th at 1:23 AM ET and haven’t gotten any email other than that the batch is shipping. No charge to my card either.

:sob:

3 Likes

Right there with ya. i7, Oct 14, only the first email. Hang in there! I guess! I don’t know if you’ve seen this thread: [info gathering] Order and Delivery Dates - #9 by Linda_Boling

Looks like, at a guess, 6 weeks from order to ship, so maybe you and I will get the email next week? Hoping it’s sooner, of course.

1 Like

Same here. Ordered i5 DIY Oct 14th but I did make a change to my order after the fact so that may be why mine hasn’t shipped yet.

1 Like

@Robert_Kocourek - you might find this thread useful. Hopefully I’m sharing the link correctly, still getting the hang of the forum mechanics:

*dbrand has some skins, though personally I’m hoping for a more protective snap-on case in the near future. In the meantime, I’ got one of these:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B088WNMW8N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

based off what others had said. I’m still waiting for my laptop to ship, so I can’t speak to the fit personally, but sounds like it fits well.

Dbrand:

1 Like

Another batch 5 member here, ordered mine on November 7 (i7 DIY Edition), and really can’t wait to get the e-mail saying it’s shipped :slight_smile:

I did as well. Added another stick of RAM.

Ordered my DIY mid-level i7 on October 20th and got my second email this morning; no charge or tracking number quite yet.

1 Like

I’m looking at the order dates and the last names (for those of us who used them in our screen names) and there has to be some formula behind the scenes. Like, orders from week X are processed alphabetically, or something like that. Bailey gets the email today, Clements got his email, Conrad is still waiting.

2 Likes

Mustafa S is still waiting. Hoping that my order modification on Nov 9th didn’t set me way back.

1 Like

If my alphabetical order theory is right, I should get the email any minute now! But if my “six weeks” theory is right, it’ll be next week or the week after. I’m on the edge of my seat!

I don’t think its Alphabetical, Last name is R, ordered the i7 1165g7 Oct 19, got the email at midnight last night.

3 Likes

Does anyone else live in Canada? I was just wondering if any Canadian’s have received their laptop yet. I’m still waiting for my second e-mail.

1 Like

I’m in Canada, ordered on Oct 22, but nothing after the first email yet.

1 Like

Looks like my order is getting ready to ship. A timeline for those equally impatient:

Oct 14: Ordered i7-1165G7 / 16GBx2 / 1TB SN850
Oct 27: Slight modification to preorder (added modules)
Nov 1: “We’re preparing your batch!”
Nov 16 (12am CST): “We’re preparing to ship your order!”
Nov 16 (9pm CST): Card charged, “Your order is shipping soon”

Looks like it’ll arrive right at the start of a 9 day vacation. Works for me!

I doubt modifying your order through support alters your place in the queue. It’s likely just FIFO based on your SKU.

3 Likes

Just got my email today saying the remaining balance has been paid. Finally gonna be getting my laptop. Very excited.

1 Like

Canadian here. I got my second email last night.
October 17 diy i5

2 Likes