Better Looking Case?

Hi, I’m not sure why you’ve chosen an ugly Apple laptop styling instead of nice black matte, or something more attractive. Any chance we’ll see a more attractive case in the future? The last thing I want to be seen with is a Mac or Mac clone.

See this thread for more on the chassis colour choices

1 Like

@Damon_Anderson Nick, the Industrial Designer from Framework explained the reasoning for the design -

So not only are they trying to make life easier for us to repair/upgrade the laptop, part of the philosophy is a contribution, hopefully not too late, to saving the planet.

Edit: @Dominic_Keen I was making my reply at the same time as yours, which I only saw after I sent mine.

10 Likes

Good news is, you can put a skin on it and protect your investment at the same time as making it more aesthetically appealing to you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It will mean I’ll have to start my sticker collection again…
IMG_20210918_102912

Honestly, having strictly owned Thinkpads up to this point and loving the black, industrial look while being constantly annoyed by the visible fingerprints, I was surprised how much I now prefer the Framework, which doesn’t show fingerprints to nearly the same degree. Apple was obviously on to something when they settled on their design aesthetic.

2 Likes

@Brett_Kosinski, hahaha… no offense but ThinkPads have ALWAYS been the ugliest laptops ever made… was also always hard to tell the newest model from the oldest. I guess you have to have owned more than one to get used to them and think of them as normal.

1 Like