Brand new Framework 13 not turning on

So, I recently purchased a Framework 13 AI 300. I bought the RAM from A-Tech: 2 x 8GB DDR5 PC5-44800 SO-DIMM 5600MHz. Before that, I bought second-hand Kingston RAM, but only one stick worked. With the one stick that worked, I installed Windows, shut down the laptop, and removed the RAM to send it back.

After that, I bought two new sticks from A-Tech, and now the laptop won’t turn on. I tried everything:

I waited each time for 15-30 minutes

I turned it off and checked if the RAM was installed properly.

I tried installing one RAM stick at a time in each slot.

I drained and reset the motherboard, then unplugged and plugged the battery back in.

I checked the LED sequence, and it was completely normal—everything was green.

I have been trying to get my laptop to work for almost a month since I bought it. I am desperates, and I can’t believe it could be caused by buying bad RAM sticks twice in a row.

Welcome to the community.

Not all ram is created equal. Odds are good the A-Tech RAM (never heard of that company but that is just me) is not compatible with the main board. Try getting a different set of RAM and likely the system will boot.

Sadly all memory is grossly overpriced these days. The fact the system booted with one stick before says the main board is working fine it is the new memory that is likely not allowing it to POST.

I installed a new crucial Ram and still the same problem

There have been rare reports of the DDR DIMM slots having pins bent or misaligned from the factory. In a rare case a sticker was partially blocking pins. If it has not already been done contact support and get a ticket going for a replacement. Something is not right. Try with just one stick of the Crucial ram in the one slot that worked before. If that boots again then it is something with the mainboard and likely needs to be replaced. Sorry to hearof the frustration with the new machine. They are all tested before they go out but sometimes things happen in disassembly and shipping.