BSOD with two memory sticks but stable with each separately

Hi,

When I’m using two recently purchased memory sticks, I get multiple BSOD daily but using each memory stick separately and in any of the two slots works as expected. I haven’t found anything related on the community forum. Before you ask, the RAM sticks were purchased as a bundle and I have tried every possible combination of memory sticks with RAM slot and only when using both of them at the same time do I get instability. Anyone has encountered a similar issue or has an idea of a fix? Maybe tweak BIOS settings like increasing RAM voltage or manually decreasing RAM frequency if that’s even possible?

Laptop processor: 12th Gen, i5-1240P, 1.70 GHz
Memory: Crucial 32GB (2 x 16GB) 260-Pin DDR4 SO-DIMM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) CT2K16G4SFD832A

BSOD stop codes: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION / CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION / IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL / KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Neither of those things are possible. Have you tried using Memtest on the sticks? If memtest clears with no errors on both sticks then eother the IMC in the CPU is defective and a replacement board is needed or Windows is having a heart attack and something needs to be done there.

Start with Memtest tho and rule out the sticks as a possible error cause.

Yes I’ve tested the RAM sticks with memtest86 and they both passed with no errors. Windows is up to date including all optional updates.
I’ve logged a support request with Framework, I’ll see what they come up with…
Thank you for your help!

1 Like

SOLVED: One of the RAM sticks was actually faulty but was reported by memtest86 only after two passes. I sent it back and the new one works fine in dual channel. Lesson learned, always do 4 passes.