I have a Pixel 5 phone. It’s 6 months old. It replaced a Pixel 2 which had its battery swell up - charging wirelessly caused a lot of heat and I’m sure that’s what did it.
So I’m being very careful with the Pixel 5. I’m charging it using an old Blackberry Playbook (remember those?) charger and a USB micro to USB-C adapter. 5V, something like 2.1 A. It’s a slow charge, but it barely heats up the battery.
With my Framework Laptop, I’m considering getting a 78W+ charger with two USB-C PD ports, one 60W port for the Framework, one 18W port for the Pixel 5.
This would mean the Pixel is fast-charging all the time. Would that mean additional heat? Would it impact the life of the Pixel battery?
Extra question: does wireless charging create more heat and damage batteries? Or is it that I was using a bad charger? It was a cheapie IKEA charger.