Chromebook board compatibility

There is no whitelist but certain cards just don’t work. Not really frameworks fault, the be200 causing the amd board to not post is somewhere between amd and intels fault. And the intel cards with their proprietary interface not working on amd is obviously also not frameworks fault.

1 Like

this is a good point that I didn’t think about. I assumed that the incompatibilities had to do with the BIOS and T2 security chip, didn’t even think they’d be software limitations!

As I wondered… maybe I will just buy DIY for now as cheap as possible and get an upgrade when corebooted and/or intel me disabled becomes an option. Pondering… but I don’t know when it will arrive or if anyone has uploaded DIY guide for this, meaning doing the framework laptop building

Phoenix is apparently getting opensil so coreboot on the amd board could eventually happen relatively easily. Without opensil it’s a lot harder but still possible.

1 Like

Posting from my FW13 Chromebook. I updated to newest, checked everything, shut down. Removed top cover, disconnected battery, removed stock AX210, installed BE200, reconnected everything, booted up. No problems booting (which my AMD 13 would not do), and it sees the PCI device, but ChromeOS itself does not have any drivers for the BE200. Might work later, maybe much later, but there would have to be an official Chromebook model with BE200 first.