Colorful Decal Kits

… and then he put in $250,000 into Framework! laugh

1 Like

I’d love to see some Toast covers for the Frame.work. They laser cut them from wood so they are a somewhat renewable resource, in keeping with the ethos of Frame.work. I’d love individual pieces for the various modules and then I’d order a mix of colors (woods) to easily differentiate the USB-C from USB-A and HDMI from DP and the different storage sizes from the bottom, plus it would be a sexy checkerboard.

3 Likes

@Gary_S Ah, but those would still need to be trimmed for the framework. I have some custom artwork that I don’t want to trim cause I’d lose some of the cool details.

Does anyone have the precise measurements of the lid? Cause maybe I can get my artist to size the main image, but then put a border around that i’d just cut off…

Queue the python email scripts… :wink:

1 Like

Got a pretty interesting email back from dbrand after inquiring if they were considering framework skins!!

6 Likes

That’s great news. They replied to me on August 23rd with “there is simply not enough demand to justify adding it to our portfolio at this time.”

Good job guys, making that demand!

1 Like

@Aok8 Ooh, that’s very interesting! Thanks for the update! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anyone else have a custom skin yet? How come dbrand hasn’t jumped on the bandwagon yet?

I did want to mention that Linus did namedrop dbrand in his latest video about being a Framework shareholder, so I imagine it won’t be long before skins from them appear

1 Like

I also sent an email along to them to request skins for the Framework and got this (after a typo in the first reply)

2 Likes

What video was this? Could you link it please?

I’m Legally Obligated to Disclose This - Framework investment - YouTube Here you go

found this thread by searching ‘framework vinyl skin’. didnt see an easy/fast answer, so just made my own:

framework is about 9x11.75" so i ordered the 15" and will just cut it down.

dont think there was a fee to sign up as an artist if anyone wants to do the same. i took that image with a drone of our tinyhouse in california. the minimum specs on the image for laptop skins: 4600x3000px, 300dpi

I’m a big fan of DecalGirl. I have used them to personalize my laptops, tablets, ereaders, and cell phones for years. I love being able to make my own skin using my own photos. I would love it if they get the specs to make skins for the Framework.

1 Like

Took a little, but dbrand has skins now, won’t hurt to get other skinning companies on board for more options/prices, I heard good things about DecalGirl so maybe they could be next?

5 Likes

Very very tempted to buy a dbrand skin. All black matrix & matte black for the trackpad.

My “gray carbon” skin arrived a couple days ago. Once I get my batch 5 I’ll post about it.

2 Likes

@William_Montgomery

I’m lowkey pissed about my dbrand order.

I bought all black matrix, and a matte black trackpad. They fucked it up and I got a matte black top, so now I can’t even install my skin. And they haven’t responded to my support request and its been 4 days :confused:

1 Like

That’s definitely unfortunate. I have never needed to utilize their support as this is my first dbrand order, but I’ll definitely keep that in mind.

Does anyone have suggestions for a decal brand that ships from the EU? Importing one from Canada/US implies some additional costs (import fees, additional VAT) that make it quite a bit more expensive.

2 Likes