Danish / Nordic layout + EU shipping

Hello,

I have checked the keyboards shown on the marketplace and it seems there is no support for nordic keyboards.
Will there be support for this when branching to these countries?

Also, is it still expected that EU shipping will launch before the end of this year, and does this cover all of EU, or only some countries?

Thanks

10 Likes

Was wondering about that too. Could get it shipped from Germany alternatively.

3 Likes

Yeah if it is set up that way, it would be fine.
I just feel like it been long since we had an update regarding EU, and i do realise that they are probably very busy with the batches in US and Canada.

Would just be nice to have an update to know if it is still scheduled for the end of the year.

2 Likes

I’d personally just buy one now and upgrade later when they get the danish layout sorted.

3 Likes

Tried it but they won’t send outside north america…

2 Likes

I would also do that if it was available in Denmark, however, it isnt yet

4 Likes

ProTip: That’s what https://www.shopusa.com is for!!!
Then You could just buy a USB - charger here: https://www.komplett.dk/product/1124606/pc-tablets/pc-tilbehoer/batteri-og-lader/iiglo-universal-oplader-til-pc-telefon-og-tablet-usb-c-65w And you’re golden until the Danish layout finally gets offered!

1 Like

I´m waiting for a Nordic keyboard and want to buy i from inside the EU…

if i wanted to import it from the US, i’d buy i barebones not only without charger… (no need to pay taxes on items that can be bought in Denmark for about the same price)

3 Likes

Chiming in here, also hoping for Nordic / Scandinavian layout :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

But how about things such as warranty?
I think it might be better to wait for them to support shipping to the EU

2 Likes

+1 on this.

Given the…ehm…amount of tech entusiasts in Scandinavia (And the amount of cash each user is sitting on), its kind of sad to see this whole region being overlooked.

And with this, it is imperative that a shipping location is established in the EU.

4 Likes

+1
Would love SWE/Nordic…and the possibility to order without a re-shipping service.
Also I would find it more appealing with the framework logo instead of a windows logo.

5 Likes

In the light of the release of 12th Gen I concur with the request for a Nordic ISO keyboard layout. That would extend the european marketplace to 5 additional countries at once; Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Iceland and Estonia.
My framework laptop funds are filled and ready, bring it on!
Edit: Is there even a way to request a Nordic ISO layout? The Region Request form focus on country, ignoring a broader regional solution.

5 Likes

@Ole_Volund_Skov_Mort

Be careful with middlemen. Usually, they’re not very cautious with fragile goods. If you have to RMA the laptop because something’s broken it’s gonna be a pain in the ass. (nevertheless expensive) Also, you’ll void your warranty.

Making the laptop tax-deductible would also not be possible because you’d need local documentation and expenses (aka. in euros, or local currency. Not dollars)

If you don’t necessarily need a laptop right now, just wait till the end of the year; where they’ve been quoted saying there’s a great possibility they’d have most of the EU covered.

1 Like

I just created an account to support this! I am looking to upgrade my work laptop and a Framework PC would be perfect.
I’m sure there are plenty of nordic people willing to help if Framework reach out

4 Likes

I’d buy a framework laptop right away if I could get it with Nordic keyboard. Also shipping to Finland would help a bunch :slight_smile:

3 Likes

With a ISO Nordic keyboard layout you will cover Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Iceland and Estonia all at once (ie Logitech who sells the same keyboard in the whole region).
The Nordic economic region is the third in size inside the EU after UK and Germany. And with a very strong IT sector (Spotify, Klarna, Dice, King, Rovio, (Mojang earlier), Ericsson, Nokia, F-secure etc, etc) with lots and lots of developers and early adopters; the very core-audience for Framework.
Come on, Linus Torvalds might even switch from his current Apple Silicon-laptop if you gave him an honest chance with a Nordic keyboard Framework! :blush:

4 Likes

The keyboard keys are they universel can i reuse from other manufactor

Claus

Still no keyboard.
Just don’t understand why there’s a belgian layout but not a nordic one, 11 vs 29 million lol.

1 Like