Dbrand "acid" skin

I’ve never tried a dbrand skin before, but I installed one on my batch 15 Framework 16, and it looks great! The Damascus skins in particular are shiny/reflective which really stands out. There’s barely any photos of dbrand skins on Framework laptops (and none of this particular one) so I figured I’d post one.

Installation took me around 10 minutes. The tricky thing is lining it up so there’s even spacing on all sides. Steady hands make it easier :slight_smile:

5 Likes

it’s cool

It looks really nice. I’m considering getting one and maybe changing the skin in my dbrand grippy phone case to match.

Thanks for posting it!

I see there is someone of good taste as well :wink:

Edit: hopefully it worked now.

3 Likes

Your photo doesn’t load for me!

Edit: All good now. Thanks.

That’s quite a skin…

A cow died to make mine.

1 Like

Got the Damascus Red!!! awesome!

Only problem, my phone camera cannot really focus onto the surface :smiley:

1 Like

Ah, so wrap some around your face while out walking past surveillance cameras… :joy:

3 Likes

Whole thread on it my man

1 Like

I thought that thread was for the Framework 13 specifically. All the photos I’ve seen in that thread except for the most recent one are the Framework 13.

1 Like

I mean it’s mostly people posting FW13 but it isn’t exclusive lol, the thread is just about dBrand. not a big deal, just need a mod to merge this thread in there. I see why you would think that given it’s tagged FW13 tho

Thanks for sharing. Looks fantastic!

Seems like most people are happy with the dbrand skin on their framework laptop. I’m throwing in my 2 cents for potential buyers looking for people’s experiences.

I’m underwhelmed. It looks better in photos than in real life. It’s not so bad that I’m going to remove it immediately, but for $64.99, I expected better.

Triple black damascus. I don’t recommend it.

What don’t you like about it?

Papery is the best way for me to describe how it looks and feels. Matte.

In general I prefer a matte finish, but with this dbrand vinyl sticker I’m starting to think that a glossy skin was the way to go.

I went for leather for my top skin

They do need to make a FW16 specific video especially for the bottom of the laptop.

1 Like

which one is this? It doesn’t look like any of the pics I see

Obsidian or black, it’s just the lighting changing the shade

And “Pastel Black” if you like something as close to the aluminium look as possible.

The only dbrand skins I have seen in person that actually looks good is the Swarm one. Which is a textured honeycomb pattern.
All the non-textured ones I’ve seen all look like very cheap plastic. It just does not look good outside of pictures for sure