Dbrand Framework Skins Up

Looks good.
I feel like they could’ve easily made the bottom front part a separate piece (to be attached as a single “U” piece).

2 Likes

I got everything but the trackpad. All the same carbon black color. :+1:

I agree that the U on the bottom should have a skin for it. Kinda looks a little odd without it.

1 Like

I totally agree. I wish they could’ve done a better job but oh well.

1 Like

I went with a combination of mahogany and matte black. I do kinda like the rougher texture on the touchpad.

23 Likes

I’m typically against putting stickers on anything, but the lid skin looks sharp.

How difficult is the alignment and application process?

6 Likes

I like the cover, but the bottom and the inside not so much. I least this has caused me to refine my tastes.

1 Like

For those who have skinned their trackpad, how has it affected sensitivity, tactile feel, and overall performance?

1 Like

I like this combo. Looks sharp. I’m considering either this exact combo, or all Hyperblack Titanium with a matte black trackpad.

1 Like

Got my palmrest and track pad skins. Looks Dope!

20211017_092206

5 Likes

I had no idea the skins had such realistic textures pressed in. That wood grain looks phenomenal.

2 Likes

It’s very easy. Their instructions, bad jokes aside, are very good. Framework Laptop 13 Skins » How to Apply » dbrand

I did not use a hair dryer at all.

3 Likes

That looks fantastic! Am I allowed to copy that? Lol

1 Like

dbrand has x-ray skins for a lot of phones. would love to see them offer it for the framework. especially considering it’s a laptop based on accessibility.

1 Like

How’s the accuracy of the track pad tracking after the skin install?
Exactly same as without the skin?
Small accuracy loss?

I honestly can’t say there’s any issues after applying the track pad skin. I can press fairly lightly and it detects everything fine. I don’t see any noticeable difference between with or without.

It’s been well worth it to be honest.

7 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!

Kinda hilarious how I can order skins before I can order actual laptop.

Has anyone tested to see if adding a bottom skin affects thermals at all?

1 Like

That’s because the laptop is in early production. This is how low volume production works, whereas all DBrand needs to do to make a new skin is laser cut the right parts of a giant sheet of sticky plastic.