Dbrand Framework Skins Up

For those who have skinned their trackpad, how has it affected sensitivity, tactile feel, and overall performance?

1 Like

I like this combo. Looks sharp. I’m considering either this exact combo, or all Hyperblack Titanium with a matte black trackpad.

1 Like

Got my palmrest and track pad skins. Looks Dope!

20211017_092206

5 Likes

I had no idea the skins had such realistic textures pressed in. That wood grain looks phenomenal.

2 Likes

It’s very easy. Their instructions, bad jokes aside, are very good. Framework Laptop 13 Skins » How to Apply » dbrand

I did not use a hair dryer at all.

3 Likes

That looks fantastic! Am I allowed to copy that? Lol

1 Like

dbrand has x-ray skins for a lot of phones. would love to see them offer it for the framework. especially considering it’s a laptop based on accessibility.

1 Like

How’s the accuracy of the track pad tracking after the skin install?
Exactly same as without the skin?
Small accuracy loss?

I honestly can’t say there’s any issues after applying the track pad skin. I can press fairly lightly and it detects everything fine. I don’t see any noticeable difference between with or without.

It’s been well worth it to be honest.

7 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!

Kinda hilarious how I can order skins before I can order actual laptop.

Has anyone tested to see if adding a bottom skin affects thermals at all?

1 Like

That’s because the laptop is in early production. This is how low volume production works, whereas all DBrand needs to do to make a new skin is laser cut the right parts of a giant sheet of sticky plastic.

Oh, I totally understand it, it’s just a funny thing.

My thoughts:
Top looks amazing, but make sure your colors match with the silver of the laptop. Red trim looks a bit weird.

Also! The excess skin can be used as make shift expansion card skin(Black expansion card skins are makeshift in picture)

5 Likes

Maybe the only thing you are missing here is the Orange bezel frame. Now it’s time to add it to the waiting list :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I got mine in the mail today and installed them a bit ago. Came out alright for my first time laying vinyl on anything. I went with the Grey Carbon on both the lid and palm rest -

12 Likes

Oh wow that’s nice looking Framework.

1 Like

Here’s my Framework with the Robo Camo skin. Opted to keep the trackpad and expansion card skins off.

6 Likes

I applied the top skin easily enough, but oh boy did I mess up the bottom and keyboard ones. TIL thin pieces of vinyl stretches pretty easily :man_facepalming:

4 Likes