Discord anyone?

Hi! I’m trying to actually get a sense for how many people are really interested in this project and what kind of skill sets we all have.

My current laptop of choice is the Google Pixelbook (i7, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB). Much to my surprise I’m still running chromeOS on it instead of installing Linux or using chroot to access apps. Much like in windows, Google has somewhat recently enabled the functionality of a subsystem layer virtual machine running full Linux. So, I have chromeOS playing nicely with Ubuntu 20.10 :slight_smile: it supports multiple monitors and there’s only a few things I dislike about it (mostly shortcut management)

All that said, my desktop is running PopOS on an Ultrawide 21:9 and I have never had such a pleasant experience running Linux in my life. I installed gnome tweaks and did some binding to use 9 virtual desktops in a 3x3 array AND also use the PopOS auto-tiling functions.

I’m super looking forward to a thin, beautiful, and powerful laptop in the near future :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Is there a Discord server for this as per your title?

1 Like

That’s what I was asking. I’d be happy to throw one together, but don’t want to step on any toes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds like a good idea, could bring up interesting points to extrapolate from, using a similar system my self but not quite so elaborate, watching it all with great interest.

I Second this Discord Server Idea @Framework is this a thing you all can do?

3 Likes

We’ll potentially set up a Discord server in the future, but for now we’re focusing on using this forum for discussions.

14 Likes

This Forum is developing into an excellent source of truth! That said, Discord would be a great addition for real-time community discourse.

3 Likes

Has anyone made a server? If not I can make one, it’s not hard.

edit: an unofficial one I mean, since nrp already said they’re not interested at the moment.

@Banana Well I looked all over these forums and on the Framework subreddit, and it looks like no one’s made an unofficial server anywhere. Looks like it’s all you to start it!

Allright, here’s the discord invite. Tagging everyone who seems interested @alto @Larry @The_Viking @PixelPaintbrush @Levi_Crandall though everyone is free to join.

2 Likes