Display accuracy and calibration

Hi,

I would like to share some positive around my 11th gen framework :slight_smile:
It is about the display, which I had a closer look on. As I regularly do some photo editing and publishing, I always have an eye on color accuracy. For this I regularly use a decent external monitor, but sometimes I want to be able to do some work off my desk. That’s why I use my proven Spyder 5 colorimeter to investigate a little. The ambition was not to fine tune the display to all possible situations, but to have one generic calibration that serves 99% of all possible use cases. In words, adjust for the universal standard of Gamma=2.2 and whitepoint of 6500K.
Long story short, the built in display has a great ability to cover the sRGB color space with very close to 100%, but needs some minor tweak to become linear.

Bildschirmfoto vom 2022-09-09 09-14-54

If you want to calibrate your screen based on my measurement, I have an ICC file.

Final note - BE AWARE OF ISSUES WITH BIOS 3.10:

[11th Gen Intel Core BIOS 3.10 Release - #112 by Uwe](https://BIOS 3.10 issues)

7 Likes

Historically, there’s this:

People have been using the profile from notebookcheck (for those who don’t have a colorimeter).

@moderators, maybe a merge?

1 Like

Would you mind sharing? I am interested to compare it with the one from notebookcheck. Without that profile, the screen is rather pink.

[NE135FBM-N41 #2 2022-09-09 08-01 2.2 F-S XYZLUT+MTX](https://Link to ICC file)

5 Likes

Thank you so much!

Thank you so much. I was disappointed with the screen on the AMD 13 laptop I got today, and this color profile resolved it.

Framework, please look into display calibration. Not all users may care, but there is a ton of light grey on light grey content in the web/windows that looked horrid out of the box at various brightness settings. Out of the box and after driver bundles/firmware updates it was the same.

Thanks for this. I tried the notebookcheck profile, which I found pretty bad tbh, but the ICC file from @Uwe really improves my display - particularly for skintone etc.