Ethernet Expansion Card

I would love to buy one and help but since I am under 18, I do not sure how much help I would really be also I am California based.

Well I’m actually under 18 as well. I’ll ask for help when needed.

1 Like

ok let me know if you need any help with mass 3d print or anything else

@Josh_Cook , are there any updates on the development or production process you can share?

I’ve started work on first few prototypes, completed the first side of the board today and going to do the other side, tomorrow

5 Likes

Update: I have a prototype working but I need to make a new board as having components either side is way too challenging to place and reflow. Estimated to be ready for first sale start of May. Will post updates later on.

10 Likes

Literally the only reason I haven’t pulled the trigger yet…

I have placed the order for assembled PCB’s.

@Josh_Cook

That’s great, and what does the final design look like?

This is the enclosure, I do not have the images of the PCB on me, if you want to see them look at the GitHub.

2 Likes

The prototypes are coming in tomorrow, expect an update.

6 Likes

Development has stopped due to framework releasing a official card.

2 Likes

Hey Josh, what’s going to happen to the developments you’ve made so far…?

Don’t Stop! Make it thinner and slimmer!

there is no point in developing anything thinner.

1 Like

@Josh_Cook I totally get you stopping development, especially since the official adapter will be 2.5Gb vs 1Gb. Have you any interest in developing any other expansion cards? I still want to support independent developers where I can. Especially since I just pulled the trigger on the new models (finally they launch HALLELUJAH)

2 Likes

I’m working on a fair few other models like VGA, and miniDP. These have all been on the back burner but as my interest has now shifted due to the ethernet expansion card I will be able to work on these other expansion cards.

3 Likes

I think if you’d concentrate on finding a supplier for an alternative foldable sockets, then keeping the project running would totally make sense.

I’d definitely buy a foldable version that would stick to original dimensions instead of an oversized card.

2 Likes

Implementing a double-height card (that doesn’t interfere with the feet) with those like smaller VGA ports without the screws could probably work. That’d be nice to see.

(this)

1 Like

i have already said i’m stopping development.

2 Likes