Dual M.2 Expansion Bay Module

Looks like I’m on a roll with getting Framework Modules made, I’ve just finished off the schematic for a Dual M.2 Expansion Bay module, similar to what can be found in the GitHub so if you are interested in purchasing one, you can do so here for 55USD Inc shipping anywhere in the world from Australia and as usual, should be shipped within 30-60 days and you will receive updates weekly.

If you are questioning how I can do so many designs in such a quick time period, I’ve been holding onto some of these designs and waiting, I promise this will be the second last one for a month or two or who knows?

6 Likes

You rock!
I might get the OccuLink x8 one in the future - is my assumption right that you need to have the normal expansion bay for all your modules to work?

Yep, that is correct (Expansion Bay Shell) as well as the Graphics Module Interposer which should hopefully be available soon.

1 Like

Damn I should’ve ordered it when I was pre-ordering, lol.
Is there a chance that your modules will still be available in 1-2 years?

More than likely, as long as I’m alive I’ll keep selling them.

1 Like

I’ve found these cool-looking M.2 toolless fasteners, so I’m planning on using these, and I will provide mounting holes for M.2 cards between 2230 and 22110. Renders/CAD pictures will be posted shortly.

3 Likes

Those look cool! It does look like they would increase clearance a bit though, or would that not make a difference in the shell, because there is enough clearance in that anyway?

1 Like

Once you have first samples ready to ship, can you take some photos?

can be nice if we can use things like that
https://www.amazon.fr/KALEA-INFORMATIQUE-Gigabit-ethernet-Chipset-Realtek/dp/B09PVQ2VM5/ref=pd_day0fbt_d_sccl_2/257-7833968-9769643

I’m considering ordering one of these while I wait for your 8X card, since it looks like that one has a ways to go.

What’s the ETA on this? and what’s the ETA on this compared to the 8X card?

Both have very similar ETAs, as I’m only waiting on documentation from Framework right now.

Just ordered one I presume we need to order the x8 jumper from framework as well. Will be cool to have a few extra ssds. As it may sell a friend on the FW16 computer to replace his desktop…

Yep, that is correct.

What’s the status here? I’m ready to buy as soon as users of the initial boards are able to confirm success. (This seems like a relatively low-risk project given the mostly mechanical / pass-through nature as I [limited] understand it - but this is my production machine so I’m not able to ~alpha test)

Thanks for your work!

@Josh_Cook - saw your reply on my other thread about framework curating stuff like this; replying here just to keep that about the general problem.

I’m still confused. Totally get things take time, I’m just hoping to understand what the actual status of this is - is there a concise way to describe what is/isn’t done, and whatever your current (spitballed) guestimate of a realistic ship date?

1 Like