USB to TTL

I’m currently working on a USB to TTL converter and I would like anyone to suggest anything that they would like on it whether it be the voltage output or the logic voltage.

1 Like

Just how many cards are you working on right now?

I have a feeling that in a month’s time you’re going to reveal a 10 gigabit ethernet cum quadruple USB-C cum snack drawer cum SD card adapter expansion card.

1 Like

Too many to count :wink: Working on interfaces mainly like RS-232, TTL, RS-485, UART. Some other interesting connectors. A fair few PCBs will be on order once I fix a few problems. I would like to do Ethernet but will need to figure out magnetics. You will be happy soon.

3 Likes

I’m currently focusing on a ethernet expansion card. Currently I will use a integrated magnetics 10 gig rj45 jack HFJT1-10GHPE-L12RL in conjunction with the CYUSB3610 a 1 gig USB to Ethernet interface IC. I would have wished to do 10gig but due to constraints with price I wish to keep it under 100$ for the parts. As I am already at 30$ with the IC and RJ45 I do not want to spend large amounts of money just on the interface ic. If anyone knows of a easily available components that may be better please message me.

2 Likes

would be nice if it had multiple jtag modes, e.g. “atmel mode”, “pic mode”, etc with HVPP support. Part of this can be implemented in a driver

@Josh_Cook just to throw another fun project on, how about you make a 1/10 GbE port that supports drawing PoE for the laptop to charge while plugged into the network???

Sadly I don’t think you could fit the required electronics into one module or even several.

POE++ to USB Type C Power + Data Delivery with 2x USB-A Ports for Laptops and Tablets

Provide intrinsically safe wired power and data to USB-C enabled devices such as laptops and tablets using an ethernet cable!

Avoid the expense of paying electricians to bring power and low voltage installers to bring data to a desk. This dock uses Power Over Ethernet to deliver 60+ watts of power using USB-C Power Delivery and Fast Ethernet over USB 2.0 to laptops and tablets.

So you mean, having Ethernet functionality while charging the laptop? If that is what you mean, good idea. Would have to look into the circuitry needed.

will probably make some extension cards based on these programmers: Fab Academy Programmers Summary