EU Shipping estimate

@nrp will it available in india ?

2 Likes

For the purchase and shipping to the EU countries, I would also like to know whether the prices VAT included ?

2 Likes

@binyi_zhang Would most definitely have tax, and if they do not have a eu warehouse there will be import tax as well.

I very much need a new laptop, so I’m waiting for orders to open for NL.

Ordering a €700+ laptop, which in theory would last a good time with easy upgrades is great, since I don’t have that money every time. I usually get cheaper refurbished ones.

1 Like

Thanks for the thread starter, I also waiting for pre-order to EU/Germany :slight_smile:
I just learned about this project by the latest WAN Show (LTT) last week and then watched the YT video of Linux about your notebooks, never heared of this project before. Sounds very promising, please make it real, that we can order these here in EU :slight_smile: )

@nrp
Thanks for this response and estimation. Is this still in scope, also the shippment until end of the year?

1 Like

The specific dates will depend on the country, and we are currently scoping the sequence of next countries. We’re doing this in part by seeing where the most interest is from people selecting their country from the drop down box in our locales: Framework | Fix Consumer Electronics

4 Likes

Personally I don’t care which country will be available as long as its within the EU.

3 Likes

Wait, so when it launches in the EU it will not be EU-wide? I’m in Portugal, and I see a bunch of other EU countries being prioritized in terms of market size.

5 Likes

i guess that as long as it launches in some bigger eu countries that’s a massive step already as “smuggling” within the eu is still easier than transatlantic purchases

That’s true, but still not a straightforward matter, as you’ll still have to order it online to receive it only two-three months ahead on a date you’ll only know exactly shortly prior to shipping. So you need someone who’s A: staying put and B: willing to receive it and forward it for you. Or you can hire a company. But either way that’s more $$$, hassle and time.

Hopefully the team knows this point - you only really need one “location” inside the EU27 to be able to “easily” ship to all of them.
And if you limit it to just the Eurozone countires, then not even any currency conversions.

From what I understand there might be some accounting challenges with VAT, but that is mostly invisible to end consumers.

And with the keyboard being so easy to replace, I don’t need my preferred layout (SE/FI) to be available within the current planned shipping of “before the end of 2021”.
I can live with a US layout until my preferred layout comes out and then either keep as a spare, or sell on the upcoming “marketplace”.

1 Like

Any updates on when available in Europe please?
Waiting to order from Norway.
Tired of not being able to find a new battery or part for non repairable laptops.
Modular was always the way to go and also environmentally friendlier.
I wish to buy two or three for my company
Well done and thank you!

1 Like

I agree with @ymb: do not wait for individual country layouts and avoid not having an eu-wide launch.

The US layout is perfectly fine for an initial launch. - I’d buy it immediately.

1 Like

There are many USA citizens still stuck in European Countries waiting on “Invites” to get to vaccine so they can return to the USA.
I am sure many of us who are pro “right to repair” that are waiting for your product. Also, I know of 12 USA, 4 Netherland, 1 Belgium, 5 Polish, 6 German, 2 Australia, 1 Korean, 3 India Citizens here in the Netherlands waiting for your product to be available. Thats 34 sales that could be made. If you need someone here to help make having it available as a USA business here please let me know. There are great incentives for that right now! Do you need someone to translate your website to Dutch or any other language to make it more readily available?

I believe that the EU has recently rolled out a system for import taxes that should, if I understand it correctly, make it easier to import to any EU country. It is called IOSS == Import One Stop Shop. IOSS Presumably it means that all EU countries could be grouped together as one in the popcontest. I know because of an update on CutiePi: CutiePi Tablet - Raspberry Pi, Untethered by Phoebus Torralba » Post Campaign Update #10: Updates, Reports, Surveys, & Gratitude — Kickstarter

I am in Switzerland, so not the EU. Here imports are generally rather more painful but we are used to it. It is common for parcels to be stopped in customs, as a recipient one gets an import tax bill, one pays and the parcel is released. There is a difference between couriers, some will phone or email the moment the parcel is blocked and the parcel can be released within a couple of hours. On the other end of the spectrum, I have had electronics from China stuck in customs for a month before getting a bill. I believe that it helps if it is easy for customs to establish the value and type of product being shipped, so that they can compute the bill.

2 Likes

I guess an alternative is to use a forwarding company, such as https://www.reship.com/. That way frame.work could ship to a US address now. It would require having separate billing and delivery addresses. It would also cost a bit more, as presumably taxes and shipping would have to be paid twice, once for the USA and once for the destination country. Personally, I am in no rush but it sounds as if @bwnic_3ternal is!

I’d really hope for shipping to Norway soon - I start a new school that requires a laptop, and I’d love a framework laptop. It’ll be next autumn, but I’d love to get it shipped here as fast as it is possible as I do a lot of travelling. I don’t even need the layout, as long as blank layouts are available and I could just use a marker, and replace it later.

Now that I saw Linus from LTT invested in the company, I’m even more eager to buy the laptop. So forgive me for saying this, but:

Wen EU shipping? :grin:

1 Like

Hope to see EU power adapters, ISO layout keyboards, maybe even Estonian layout? One can drem atleast.

1 Like

Hope to see EU power adapters,

The power adapter is already ready for the EU (or any other region). They only need to ship the right IEC C5 (Micker Mouse) cable with it.

1 Like