External GPU enclosure

Razer has a thunderbolt external GPU housing and honestly, I think frameworks needs to have something similar since I don’t have a discreet GPU option internally, nor would I want to constantly swap in and out, whereas I have a desktop GPU that I do cycle in and out and want to maximize reusability and lifecycle of my older gpus.

Even if you don’t make your own housing, making it possible to tap into a similar type of hardware would be so useful!

1 Like

I currently am using the Razer Core X eGPU enclosure with my Framework Laptop. It works well out of the box and I can highly recommend it.

Not sure what a Framework EGPU enclosure would look like. Maybe you could replace the internals as new versions of Thunderbolt are released? But I wouldn’t wait for that device to come out if you’re missing a dGPU option for the Framework.

5 Likes

That’s actually huge! Thank you so much!

Didn’t realize it worked outside of razer blades but I don’t know why I assumed that limitation!

Thanks for the tip!

2 Likes

Don’t you need Thunderbolt 3 for that? I understand that framework ports are USB-C only

1 Like