FedEx woes and bumps in the road

FedEx got my framework all the way from Taiwan to the Netherlands in less than two days, and it has been sitting at their local facility for over two days. And it is going to sit there for two more.

It was supposed to be delivered today, Friday, and I cleared my entire weekend schedule to set up my distro and desktop environment. I wanted to try xmonad for the first time and take the time to set it up properly over the weekend. Goodbye to that. Now they will “attempt” to deliver it on Monday. Which means yet another work from home day for me :confused:.

They claim they attempted a delivery at 6:25 pm although I was at home the entire time and there was no such attempt. Their tracking page doesn’t even say they attempted a delivery. i.e., according to the tracking page, the package never left their local facility for delivery, despite them receiving the package well in advance (or maybe because they received it well in advance, I do not know how crappy their system actually is).

I know there are others who have had to wait weeks or even months for FedEx to deliver a package(:crossed_fingers:I hope that’s not me in the future), and compared to that I am a 4 year old screaming for ice cream. But I just needed to vent somewhere and what better place to be a 4yo than an online forum.

3 Likes

FedEx (local delivery) is the worst. I’ll save everyone the hassle of reading my long rant and just summarize – Fedex is the worst.