[Fedora 38 thread] Fedora 38 on the Framework Laptop

That’s certainly not what I’m seeing with Fedora on an 11th gen with 16Gb of memory. On s2idle, I’m seeing 0.32W-0.8W depending on what expansion cards are plugged in. So that’s more in the 0.5-1.5% range. This is in line with what I have seen reported by other people too.

If you have expansion cards plugged in, you might try what you get when you remove them. For me, ‘nvme.noacpi=1’ made by far the biggest difference in improving s2idle power usage (to the point of not being significantly different from deep, which takes much more time to wake up from).

1 Like

Hibernate is disabled when Kernel Lockdown is enabled and many distros are moving away from hibernate. I feel your pain since I prefer hibernate to sleep but hibernate seems to be dying. Fedora does not support hibernate and will not support hibernate.

I found the following Fedora Bugzilla ticket to manage Framework-related issues in Fedora. It seems that the ticket is the top-level ticket. You can see the issue tickets on the item Depends On. I updated the first comment on this thread.

I appreciate the people working at the Fedora project!

(Framework) - Fedora Framework support tracker bug
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2240811

Right now there is one issue ticket.
[abrt] __schedule: WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 18 at kernel/rcu/tree_plugin.h:318 rcu_note_context_switch+0x4f8/0x6b0
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2241650

I think other Linux distros can apply the upstream patch for their packages to fix the issues later when people see the issues.

1 Like

We’ve begun to work very closely with the Fedora team. Please do report bugs experienced and the specific model of Framework laptop you are having the issue with. Adam created that thread. As we progress into 2024, you will see a deeper Fedora focus.

6 Likes

It’s great to see it. And sure. I will consider the option to report Framework Laptop-related bugs on Fedora Bugzilla. I can recognize Adam. He has excellent leadership as always, as well as many people being anywhere in the open source world.

2 Likes