Fedora Workstation 40, Laptop wakes self up immediately after going to sleep

Booted with nothing connected.

Can you please check for an nvme firmware update? Most manufacturer don’t publish nvme updates to LVFS unfortunately, so check their website.

I’m not really sure how to achieve that in Linux? I’d try updating my Western Digital SN850X, but it’s only done through their Windows-only software. Maybe it’d work in WINE? But I’m not totally sure if WINE can access the SSD when it’s a compatibility layer?

It wouldn’t work in WINE, but often they have an EFI updater, or ISO updater you can use. If not; the other option is a Windows USB key to do it (i’ve heard this is possible).

I’m mostly grasping at straws here because the report is otherwise clean; but there have been a lot of people lately that had s2idle issues they claimed were fixed after upgrading NVME firmware.

Yeah it seems that Western Digital seems to only allow people to update their firmware through the “Western Digital Dashboard”, and they don’t seem to provide any EFI updaters or ISO updaters.

I’m not really sure how to get a “Windows USB key” myself? Since this involves downloading and running software I’m assuming I’d have to somehow install Windows to a USB drive, as opposed to just creating a drive that lets me install Windows (I don’t think Windows has any history of embracing live install images like Linux has).

Update: I did find an installation method of externally installing Windows to a USB drive… But it involves Windows, because the tutorial uses Rufus, which is Windows only: How to Run Windows 11 on a USB Drive (and Take it With You) | Tom's Hardware

Maybe this will help

1 Like

Okay so I just checked and it seems that my firmware is already up to date?

The firmware revision that was listed for me was 624361WD, which happens to already be the latest version (or at least what I presume to be the latest version) available on the site.