Forum software is awful

1 Like

Well the late response above may not be relevant to you after six months, but for others ~ yes some responses can be aggressively or passively controlling and not nice to know about.

Of course some are one offs but some users get the bit between their teeth and won’t let go ~ I’ve been told off a couple of times for what has been seen as ‘sarcasm’ but then I’m Old English in a younger, more sensitive environment maybe.

:hear_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

:om:

I just wanted to interject for a moment. What you are referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux… wait no not that.

You, the community, are our greatest asset in keeping this community awesome. Set a good example for new members and please flag anything that is unwelcoming, combative, or otherwise doesn’t meet the expectations laid out in the community guidelines.

We try very hard to keep things friendly and welcoming, but ultimately we don’t see everything. Your flags send us notifications with the link to the post and whatever message you add so we can stay on top of things.

Thanks for your help!

8 Likes

Windows and Linux, Chrome and Firefox. My dad has had the issue, and so have I.

1 Like

I like the forum software. But please make the CAPTCHAs go away. They don’t work well. They’ve never worked well. And they’re a complete pain.

Please just make the CAPTCHAs go away.

Why is it that every time you click the “Community” button at the top of the page it opens the community up in Another tab?
If there were navigation buttons available throughout the community forum it would be a lot less annoying

The only way to get back is to use your browser back button or press the community link again and start all over

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the forum

As the above is true, well it is for me, then I just close the tab and it automatically switch to the previous one. Simples! Well with Win 11 and Firefox 114.02

What I typically do if middle click threads to open them in new tabs

I think you either used a captcha on the main one or it was captcha v3 which is not visible

It’s 2023. They know better which content you should be looking at so this scroll bar… they could actually remove it from browsers… what an outdated feature

Thats the same behavior from the main website. If you are already on the community site, just clicking the Framework logo at the top left will take you to the forums home page in the same tab.