Framework 16 preorder status?

Seems reasonable to me, I kinda hope they keep the somewhat regular rhythm going.
Now because I’m weird and like spreadsheets and logging data, I estimate (and I’m not confirming anything nor do I have more info than everyone else) that preorders should open end of August to mid-September. Assuming they keep the pace steady, don’t add more deep dives than announced, and open preorders one period after the last deep dive.

Again, don’t expect that to happen, I just like speculating while we wait.

This feels about right with what they’ve communicated about wanting to keep the preorders closer to shipment (a clever way of saying there was a delay to shipment).

1 Like

to be fair they said from the very beginning that shipping will be “late 2023” so idk about everyone else but personally I understood that as meaning Q4 (October-December)

1 Like

Yeah, they were clear from the start that you’re not getting your FW16 this summer. And after all, pre-ordering is nice, but I’m not that upset about that getting pushed back since pre-ordering in May won’t get me the laptop any faster than pre-ordering in September.
Let’s just hope shipping won’t experience the same delay.

1 Like

Doubting I can wait now, more bits on my old desktop have died - now the GPU is down, motherboard’s long been suspect. 6+ months with a decreasingly functional PC is a sad place to be. Not interested in a laptop that can’t be upgraded later, so desktop upgrade is on the cards for me.

But I’ll still keep an eye in for when this house needs a laptop or two. They’re useful sometimes.

2 Likes

Close!

5 Likes

and … the Framwork website is down :frowning: Everybody is trying to pre order!

Wow, looks like this is going to be popular…

Of course it will be, what did you expect?
They built exactly what the community asked for.

2 Likes

Never been so happy to be wrong!

1 Like

I have a pending charge on my credit card for the pre order, but there isnt anything in my account reflecting it. You all think I will have to order again?

I think the best way is to contact Framework support about it.
Did you check your email/spam?

Got my preorder in!

Well this broke the Internet, or at least Framework’s servers. They’re working very hard to fix things. Please be patient, they’ll take care of you.

1 Like

OK so I got my pre order in and received the email confirmation with order info in my account. If I get double charged ill just have to contact support. best of luck everyone

1 Like

lol yeah the website went down again as I was clicking the payment method button but then continued where I left off so I put in the info and got the confirmation email for 1 laptop so hopefully no errors occur

Per Framework (I am not a Framework employee, just a volunteer community moderator):

We’re aware of the errors that customers are seeing after checkout. These orders are complete/recoverable and our team is working on the database updates now. This does not require a contact to Framework Support as we’ve already identified the affected orders. Thanks for your patience

3 Likes

heh. My pre-order is in. Didn’t take the Big AMD CPU, but 64GB ram … as I intend to do some video editing in 4k with it :slight_smile:
Batch one yeah :slight_smile:

I really really don’t need one or want one but

• when my 13" warranty expires
  • it’s good to have a backup anyway
  • and I wonder what it’s like

Only one way to find out…

I do have a question, without the expansion port filled, is there a gapping hole at the back, that would put me off.

The expansion bay must be populated because it contains the fans for the unit. In the configurator, you can select an “Expansion Bay Shell — The default thin and light end cap for the Expansion Bay interface that includes system cooling. An ideal choice if you prioritize portability.” or the GPU option.

4 Likes