[FW 13 AMD 7840U] USB 4 Dock Only Working In Slot 4

Heyo! Got my Framework 13 AMD 7040 series, and have been loving it so far. Today though, I ran into a strange issue. I bought a Cable Matters USB 4 hub (specifically, this one https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C4LX3KQC) so that I can connect two displays via displayport, mouse, keyboard, ethernet, and power all through the one hub. When testing, I first tried plugging it into a USB port in slot 3 (back right port). Neither of my two monitors were detected at all. I tried rebooting, reinstalling drivers, and just plugging one monitor in, all to no luck. So I tried on slot 1 (back left), nothing. Slot 2, a Windows error message about that slot not supporting my displayport configuration (which makes sense, slot 2 isn’t supposed to have display out according to the diagram for AMD boards). But on slot 4, everything seemed to work perfectly fine. Both monitors connected just fine, I could adjust resolution, refresh rate, it all worked. Any idea why it would only work on slot 4? I generally like to run 2 USB-C and 2 USB-A expansion cards, and have the USB-C in the back to avoid the higher power draw on USB-A being in the back. I am running Windows 10, and the laptop is the Framework 13 AMD 7840U. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers!

EDIT: If anyone knows of a dock/hub that works well on slots 1 or 3 that supports dual displayport, ethernet, and USB-A at a similar price point to the Cable Matters one I have (less than $100), please let me know!

EDIT 2: Forgot to mention, everything works with the dock in slot 4. Dual displayport at 1440p 170hz (can’t verify that it’s actually doing 170, but Windows says both external monitors are at 170, and it’s doing at least 120), mouse, keyboard, and ethernet, all working through the one Cable Matters dock.

EDIT 3: Edited title with laptop model.

Ended up returning the Cable Matters hub and getting this UGREEN dock on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BLNCNCMZ . UGREEN one works great out of either USB-4 port. Not sure why the Cable Matters one wasn’t working for me, and the new one is a decent bit more expensive, but oh well.