FW16 Batch 1 Guild

Yeah I’m just kind of hanging here until my batch 5 order goes out. All good though

4 Likes

Same boat here. The day will come!

1 Like

FedEx finally figured it out! I also have the “IPD Party Info Missing ???” sticker on my box, so I think something went wrong with the clearance process.

7 Likes

I’ve seen a lot of fw16 boxes with this, I jokingly often say, the FedEx employee was messing around

1 Like

The individual package would have been cleared, but the issue with the IPD (International Priority DirectDistribution) service is that every single package must be released by customs before any package within the pallet gets delivered/released to the customer, which is likely what happened here.

2 Likes

Batch 2 received their “Preparing Your Batch” email today (Source). There has been no update on Batch 1 status other than the general shipping update that was published last week (Seventh update on Framework Laptop 16 shipment timing).

5 Likes

What exactly are you looking for? That update indicated:

“…the next set of units will ship and production will resume on February 15th in Taiwan. That will include the remaining Batch 1 orders along with the first Batch 2 systems…”

as well as:

“…Production of RGB Macropad will begin directly when the factory re-opens on February 19th (the New Year holiday in China is longer), after which modules will ship to our factory in Taiwan to be packaged and then to our warehouse to ship as part of laptop orders…”

Neither of those dates (15th and 19th) has hit, so I wouldn’t expect any update. I’m as eager as anyone to get the laptop. As I have a macropad in my order, I have to sit tight and wait until I get the shipping notification, which presumably will not happen for at least a week.

7 Likes

Dear Batch 1 Guild,
Does anyone adventurously try any 96GB ram after receiving the FW16?
If so please help share your experience.

1 Like

I’m using this kit, and so far haven’t ran into any issues.

8 Likes

Thank you so much, I am looking into buying this crucial kit also.
I will order it then :smiley:

2 Likes

I just asked to change my order to replace from “International English Linux” → “International English” … I WANNA have it now!!! :innocent: :rofl:

1 Like

Sorry for bringing it up again, but the Batch 1 Guild is the only one who can help me … at this point in time :slight_smile:

For those who have already received their FW16, please do me a favor and measure the thickness of the laptop body (open the lid and measure from the wrist rest to the bottom including the rubber foot). Optimally, take a caliper …

Background: I want to create a Laptop Stand, where the front slides into and holds it at an angle, so the screen is at an optimal height when using with a secondary screen. In the picture below I circled around the notch which needs to be slightly larger than the front part of the FW16.

Demo picture:

6 Likes

I don’t think that will matter much. I’m also batch 1 and ordered the International English keyboard. No changes on my order page yet, still waiting… My order doesn’t contain any RGB or other items that are known to be delayed, so my guess for the delay is the International English keyboard.

3 Likes

At this point, I think the only delay item left is the RGB macropad (which is scheduled to start production next Monday after clearing the Chinese Lunar New Year break). Everything else is in this status:

[…] [T]he next set of units will ship and production will resume on February 15th in Taiwan. That will include the remaining Batch 1 orders along with the first Batch 2 systems.

1 Like

I ordered within 2hrs of the announcement email and using a standard US English keyboard, with GPU and the 7940HS. So there has to be other reasons for delays.

3 Likes

In all likelihood, shipping countries and the total number of orders from that country in a specific batch will affect processing as well. Deducing from the update emails, it appears the laptops are assembled in Taiwan and then get sent bunched together to warehouses in different parts of the world, and then shipped from there to the customer. If a particular region doesn’t 'have enough orders in one batch, it makes sense that FW might wait until the next batch starts processing and there are enough orders for that particular region to fill whatever package/pallet size they are using.

3 Likes

I’ll make a note and do all this for you with a caliper if/when I receive my 16, and someone else hasn’t already done it.

2 Likes

What a legend

1 Like

I guess there weren’t enough ordered in Texas, then.

1 Like

I’m wondering if anyone in Canada has received orders? I haven’t seen any posts.

1 Like