FW16 Batch 13 Guild

Could be, but for now insert dramatic music

It LIVES!!

It didn’t even take 20 seconds for RAM training. Both slots occupied.

I hope, Framework reviews the NVME screws and will send out new ones and of course use them in the future.

Edit: So what I did is add a small piece of isolating tape to the screw and a second piece of thermal pad to the already applied one by Framework underneath the middle plate.

5 Likes

RWM Training?

Yes, DDR 5 can take up to 20 minutes for “training”. That is the CPU trying to get the best timings and signal levels, or simply said, it “learns” how to use the memory. DDR works by having different voltage levels for signaling, this is being calibrated.

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation, I didn’t know that yet

Did you put the tape on top of the screw or at the end to extend the thread a bit?

same issue here. it seems like a thing that occasionally happens for whatever reason. according to this: Clearance Delay Club - #18 by HReflex you can contact support after two business days. just sent a support ticket so we’ll see how that goes

2 Likes

On top of the screw so it does not loosen itself.

Ignore the thermal pad, that was, before I’ve seen, that framework already applied a small stripe to the middle plate.

1 Like

Not in the current political climate. But I can’t work out why whatever is in China doesn’t get flown to the Phillipines to then fly on to India/Dubai/Europe.

I don’t believe it counts as such when it is still in customs quarantine. But realistically the ‘visit’ to Germany is probably just customs paperwork clearance before the physical item arrives.

Looks like some laptops are currently at Alaska, delayed by the customs. These delays are usually resolved in a few days and there is no need for you take any actions on your end, our logistics team is monitoring all shipments.

4 Likes

Uhh oh! Tracking already updated back to Cologne again!

looks like they just got released from customs :partying_face:

2 Likes

OK, after an Afternoon and half the evening, I’m overall satisfied. Installed Windows 11, modified with Rufus, installed all drivers and updates so far, Stellarium, VLC, Everything search and a few more programs.

While I think, there is room for improvement, like said NVME screws, the performance is great, I’ve run Firestrike (normal, not extreme or ultra) and the 780m scored 8200 points, not bad. Also more than 6000 in Wildlife extreme (finally unlocked a new achievement for me lol).

The temperatures are OK on the GPU part, for now not higher than 83°C. The CPU nearly hit 100°C in 7zip benchmark, but that was to be expected. But I think that’s ok for 75MB/s compressing and 1,2GB/s decompressing.

As for the cons:

• NVME Screws and/or nuts!
  • Spacer/Touchpad slightly bent
3 Likes

Fedex is trying to say I’ll get it today somehow after clearing customs and leaving at 4

But based on my best guess of the flight I can only assume they are going to drop it out the plane window while they pass by.

Mine is with yours and giving the same estimation. I kept looking back at the estimated time trying to figure out how that woukd even work

It still says Monday 6pm, but it was loaded into the delivery vehicle at 6:29am today near nuremberg, which is 1 hour away from me. I hope he doesn’t drive it until monday :stuck_out_tongue:

Rufus can modify windows?

It can disable the need for TPM and network configuration during setup. It’s even recommended to use in the DIY setup guide, because windows setup has no integrated driver for the wifi card, at least not yet.

1 Like

Nice! Looks like you will get yours probably today.

Mine arrived in Munic at 5:15 and the status now says “On the way - MUNIC”. Doesn’t say anything about a delivery truck, and because I don’t think that the truck will drive from Munic to me (I live on the border between Bavaria and Baden-Württemberg), I guess my laptop will go to another logistics center near my location and then get loaded onto a delivery truck on friday.

Mine says, it will arrive at scheduled delivery date, but it’s already in Nuernberg.

Can’t this be fixed by slipstreaming the driver (creating a modified Windows ISO that has the driver bundled inside)? Or are wifi drivers more complicated than that?