FW16 Batch 16 Guild

I’m really glad I saw this back when you posted it last week, because now mine’s built and quietly muttering to itself presumably going through training.

2 Likes

Just check the light on the right side. If it’s going blue to red it means there is something wrong with the memory. In my case I swapped my two sticks, because one had not seated properly.

The laptop booted up and has been working since that. Oh and I threw in Saberant Rocket 1TB as the 2ndary drive.

The light is white (fully charged), the power button light is white; and still no display. Fan comes and goes, but no display.

How long did yours take?

Despite safe-looking lights, I took the input modules and midplate off and reseated the memory. All is happy now!

2 Likes

Does anyone else who got both the RGB keyboard and the RGB macro module find that the default mode is more than a little disco?

It’s like Elton John is trying to sing to me through my keyboard lights.

I’m here for it, but I was not quite expecting it!

1 Like

I did not get one, but it’s open source:

Also might work with software like SingnalRGB (what I use on my desktop for Corsair, Asus, Logitech, other hardware).

1 Like

I haven’t done much with it yet, but SignalRGB does at least recognize the existence of the keyboard and macro pad!

Yup my order got charged now as well.

Guess what ever the delay was has been worked out, now just have to wait for shipping and tracking info.

1 Like

Got mine this morning, but had to wait till after work to put it together. So far it’s working great my only regret would be trying windows 11 it’s not the worse, but I feel like linux is in my future with all the things I had to turn off and uninstall to feel okay about using it.

1 Like

Then it looks like this is the way:

I might also reach out or support, to see how they recommend making it work.

Turns out (from that thread) there’s this:

which works just fine!

1 Like

Ah of course. I was looking for them from the manufacturer of the card itself. Looks like this might be OEM only? I’ll pop it back in next time I open up the laptop.

Thanks!

The first time I switched mine, I didn’t understand how far back it had to be to align properly. I got it into a position that seemed like it could be correct but wasn’t. Still something nagged at me that it wasn’t right so I took it out and fiddled a little more and figured out the “trick.” It’s probably not the case with yours but I figured I’d mention it just in case. :eyes:

Oh, that’s fun. Did it click in place even when it wasn’t properly aligned?

It’s hard to say yes or no to that. In thought I had it in place but, something just felt “off” about it so I pulled it out, looked more closely at everything, and then tried again. I guess that time I had a more satisfying “click” but since it was the first time, I didn’t really know what to expect.

1 Like

@Per_Magnus_Tveten I just received shipping info =)

1 Like

So conclusion from support was that my mainboard needs to be replaced :frowning: Over one single screw. Back to tracking watch…

Hey me too :slight_smile:

And seems like it’s gonna be here next week!

1 Like

That’s a bummer. I was wondering how they were handling those.

My GPU arrived yesterday and same got the laptop shipping info yesterday too :slight_smile:

1 Like