FW16 Batch 20 Guild

the thing ought to arrive in Germany on tuesday… but no email-information
→ I really don’t understand that

1 Like

I found mine! That’s actually very helpful thank you! Weird that the Framework order is still on pre-order while the delivery is actually already on its way.

1 Like

I agree

got mine! shipping was really quick - i’m surprised i didn’t have to wait till monday haha

When is the UK expected to ship? I was charged on Monday but no word of shipping -,-

Mine is still showing Order Status Pre-Order Confirmed but the fedex guy just dropped it off o.O Ordered on May 22

1 Like

so … had an import scan at Charles de Gaulle, went on to Cologne, then back to Charles de Gaulle to await release from customs … ok, sure ^^ the joy of package tracking :wink:

1 Like

@Destroya BTW forgot to post yesterday…my FW16 was delivered yesterday morning (Thursday) < 28 hours from Taiwan to Eastern Florida in the U.S.

Love this thing! Already installed Windows 11 Pro and Fedora 40 onto my NVMe.

Anyone in the UK received their Batch 20 yet? Charged 7 days ago still waiting

Arrived, assembled, cloned my old laptop disk, booted up the Framework, zero problems so far. 8)

Once I’m done updating all the drivers (and removing some older stuff) I’ll try some more demanding tasks and see how it works. I’m replacing my older Alienware r17 (9th generation Intel Core i7, about 5 years old now) so it should be a bit faster.

She’s hereeeeee

Sameee how they got it from taiwan to here in a day and a half is beyond me

Some unfortunate news, just got the laptop today and it immedietally bricked itself while i was installing the bios update and I probably wont get a response from tech support till monday since they dont operate on weekends :sob:

I pray everyone elses updates go smoothly and with no problems. May you enjoy the laptop that i cant lol

Got my shipping email tonight,Batch 20, ordered April 28, shipping to Canada, expected Tuesday the 18th

Why did you do an Bios Update? There are some Posts on Reddit, that the current batches ship with the newest Bios.

A PC after a Bios Update can take some Time to recover. Plug it in after your Nightsleep and fire it up. Lets see if good things take Time :wink:

So my FW16 (Batch 20, arrived June 13) came with UEFI revision 3.02, with the latest being 3.03. I actually updated the UEFI not just because it wasn’t the newest, but because Resizable BAR wasn’t being enabled and I suspected it was a BIOS quirk. After updating, ReBAR worked without issue.

That being said, I’m surprised that our comrade here managed to brick his FW16 during a UEFI update. I wonder what caused the interruption…

1 Like

finally got my shipping notice. looks like my Laptop is doing a roundturn through the world. Taiwan-phillipines-china-cologne-paris and it should end up going to Germany. Wonder why it went from Cologne Germany to Paris France. lets bet if its going back to Cologne :joy:

same (except dest is Austria) had a weird scan in Paris before Cologne, might have been import documents transmitted, not sure. If not, Cologne was a detour.

maybe both our Fw16 are on the same Container :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

they were until the final step, mine departed from Paris 23:34 :wink: