FW16 Batch 4 Guild

Can you (resp. someone with the ability) send it again? Iā€™ve loosened the spam settings a little bit.

Since itā€™s a mass email we can not send it. It should be the same email with everyone else has received(except for the amount you need to pay).

Okay. The content of the (rejected) e-mail is self-explanatory, however does this impede the process down the line, as in charging and shipping, or is a failed delivery of said mail irrelevant to the progress of my order? I of course already double-checked addresses and the content of the order, so that wonā€™t be a problem.

This should not affect the payment and/or shipping of your order. However, if your payment fails for any reason, we will be reaching out to you via email. We will also send the shipping information via email. Please make sure that your spam settings are set up correctly.

4 Likes

Alright, thank you for your help.

2 Likes

Same here, with Linux keyboard. :partying_face: :partying_face:

2 Likes

They just sent a corrected date: March 11th.

3 Likes

Now that the batch 4 mails have finally arrived, I can devote myself to other important things before hopefully starting to assemble and install ā€¦ Gluing labels for the bottles of homemade beer and cider :yum: :beers:

8 Likes

A worthy endeavour nonetheless

1 Like

Yes, it is indeed :grin:

Has anyone else in batch 4 not received an email yet? Iā€™ve checked my spam folder and my deleted folder (in case I got rid of it by accident) and nothing is showing up.

You should have received the batch processing email yesterday, if you have not, please check your other folders and check your settings for that as well.

If you are referring to an email for the charging or shipment, I believe those will take place starting next week.

Yeah, I definitely havenā€™t had an email come through on my end.

Iā€™ve added Framework to my safe senders list just in case Outlook blocked it, but Iā€™ve not had any issues with previous emails from Framework.

I see that we sent you two emails (one of them was sent earlier today) if you have not received either of them, Iā€™m assuming you have accidentally marked one of our previous emails as spam.

Itā€™s possible, but Outlookā€™s not showing any Framework email addresses in my blocked senderā€™s list. Are you able to confirm the email address the messages came from just so I can make sure itā€™s marked as a safe sender?

Of course, it should come from support@frame.work

1 Like

Hi there, Iā€™m in Batch 4 and checked my email including spam, but the latest message I have from support@frame.work is February 8 - ā€œSeventh update.ā€ I have a message on February 21 from the newsletter account regarding first shipments & $499 FW13 laptop, but nothing after that.

My order does include a ā€œUS English - RGBā€ keyboard but as far as I know itā€™s not the Linux variant. Are the RGB keyboards backordered too?

Are emails for Batch 4 being batched themselves? I also logged in and checked the order, but there arenā€™t any actionable items.

Well, Iā€™m no longer a Batch 4 member and am now all the way back in the queue in Batch 18. Like others in Batch 4, I placed my order in July. Since then, my circumstances have changed; in November, I learned I would be moving from the U.S. to Ireland by the yearā€™s end. Proactively, I informed Frameworkā€™s support team of my impending move, and they assured me that updating my shipping address from the U.S. to Ireland before the final billing was processed would be straightforward. Trusting this guidance, I updated my account with my new Irish address as soon as it was confirmed, designating it as the default shipping address.

I was alarmed when I received my order notification as it still listed my old U.S. address for shipping, yet final billing was set to occur in just a few days. Seeking to rectify the incorrect shipping address, I reached out to support once more, only to be informed that their system does not accommodate international address changes. The solution presented to me at that time was to cancel my existing order and place a new one. Had I been aware of this limitation in November, I would have acted then, avoiding much of this inconvenience.

Regrettably, today I proceeded with the cancellation and placed a new order, an experience that has lessened my view of Framework. At least in my mind, this ordeal has raised concerns about their customer support capabilities and their flexibility in addressing customersā€™ needs. When I initially ordered in July, I was prepared for a wait, but the prospect of receiving my laptop nearly a year after initially ordering is disheartening. Given the pace of technological advancement, I like to buy the latest and greatest kit, particularly when spending a considerable amount on a new PC (or laptop) build. As new processors and GPUs have already been announced after my initial order, with even more product announcements on the near horizon, I feel that by the middle of this year, I might be receiving a laptop consisting of last yearā€™s technology. While I still look forward to supporting the idea of an end-user serviceable and upgradable laptop, this bungled order handling and further delay have tarnished my experience.

7 Likes

that sounds miserable, and i have all the sympathy for you. i assume youā€™ve attempted to escalate in support? because that really doesnā€™t sound like how they want to be going about business

1 Like

Based on this post (the way I am reading it), is they are batched emails. FW16 Batch 4 Guild - #93 by Destroya

You can try signing into your account and going to the ā€œOrdersā€ tab and see what the ā€œOrder Statusā€ shows as. For my Batch 4 pre-order, it currently shows the status as ā€œPre-Order Confirmedā€; and I did get the emails + have the RGB keyboard selected.