FW16 Batch 4 Guild

Figured we should get this started as higher batch guilds have been created!

• New to Framework
  • Current Owner
  • DIY
  • Prebuilt
  • Ryzen 7
  • Ryzen 9
0 voters
4 Likes

Nice! Was thinking of starting a batch 4 group, hoping that production picks up after the lunar new year. They’ve said that they’ve doubled their Production capacity in preparation but they seem to be going out slower than expected. Fingers crossed those issues are ironed out, I read that with FW13 AMD there were 4 batches going out at a time, maybe with that kind of progress they can fulfill all preorders by Q2 like Nirav mentioned recently.

2 Likes

I heard something about keyboards. I have the International English Linux keyboard, are there any problems with those?

1 Like

I am wondering, does everyone’s here order still say “batch 4 - ships q4” or does it say q1 now? I’m batch 6, I am just wondering if they have modified people’s orders at all, or if they didn’t bother to yet

1 Like

Mine reads still Q4 :laughing:

1 Like

Hey all!
I’m in Batch 4, and I’ve ordered a Ryzen™ 9 7940HS - Radeon™ RX 7700S, Linux keyboard, and matrix LED side panels. Super stoked for it, but I know we still have some time to wait :-/ Looking forward to putting Solus on that bad boy. Bought some g.skill DDR5 5600 16x2 ram and WD_BLACK 2TB SN850X NVMe.

1 Like

Batch 4, reporting in.

Here’s what I got:

• Ryzen 9
  • Radeon RX 7700S added
  • RGB US English keyboard
  • Numpad module
  • Black bezel
  • 8 expansion cards (2 USB-A, 2 USB-C, Ethernet, HDMI, microSD card, audio)

I’ll be sticking with Windows, since Linux really isn’t my thing. Though, I’ve sourced a license elsewhere.

I also got the RAM and storage separately: 2x16 GB G.Skill, 2 TB WD_Black 2280, and 2 TB WD 2230.

Can’t wait for that billing and shipping notification!

2 Likes

Ryzen 9
RX7700
Numpad & macropad
orange bezel
64GB and 1TB WD Black

2 Likes

Amazon actually has a good price (USD) on the 2x48 crucial memory (I know possibly not supported).

For reference:
Crucial RAM 96GB Kit (2x48GB) DDR5 5600MT/s (or 5200MT/s or 4800MT/s) Laptop Memory CT2K48G56C46S5

https://a.co/d/1cJOTRV it’s 280.99 USD right now.

Ryzen 9 7940HS
Radeon RX 7700S*
RGB keyboard US English
RGB Macropad
96GB Crucial
4TB Samsung

Super excited!!

3 Likes

How’dy! Not from Texas but I like that greeting :grinning:

Very similar DIY system:
Framework: Ryzen™ 9 7940HS, + AMD Radeon™ RX 7700S
Keyboard: RGB US English
Numpad
Expansion Cards: 2 x USB-A, 2 x USB-C, Ethernet, HDMI, DP
Lavender (bezel + 2 Spacers)
Self: Crucial RAM 2x48 GB, Samsung 990 Pro M.2 4 TB and a 2 TB M.2 2230

PS I would have been batch 1 or 2 if not for my in-depth research on which Ryzen to get :sweat_smile:… building PCs since 1997 - and ALWAYS got Intel CPUs, but hey, they will fix some things by the time this ships, KB 4 sure maybe the screen? Will see - planning to get a touch screen as soon as they offer them. :innocent: :wink:

2 Likes

Hey, looking to set mine up similar to yours same ram and ssd’s did you verify the ssd height would fit? What 2230 drive are you going for? I’d like to have the same 4tb and 2tb set up just want to make sure they fit

1 Like

For some reason I expected there to be plenty of equivalent or better chargers to be available by the time I got my laptop, but it looks less and less likely. Has anybody spotted one anywhere? Support told me I can’t add a charger without losing my spot in batch 4.

1 Like
DIY
Ryzen 7 7840HS
US English keyboard
Numpad module
Black bezel
6 expansion cards (2 USB-A, 2 USB-C, Ethernet, HDMI)

Windows 11 Pro, license transferred from an old desktop

2x16 GB Crucial DDR5-5600 SODIMM 1.1V CL46 memory
2 TB Crucial P3 Plus M.2 SSD
1 Like

Same problem, i am gonna have to use a charger far from equipped to charge my batch 6 until either the 240w comes out, which im still hoping is any day now, or buy a charger when they become available

1 Like

Got this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BVLNGPYB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It “should” fit… will see in March :wink:

1 Like

What would happen if you connect two chargers at the same time? Can the laptop use power from both chargers at the same time?

Two chargers, I think it has been answered as no.

IIRC, it will use the higher wattage charger if possible.

Hmm, be interesting to see, as it says it is a SATA drive, not PCiE.

Hi there: not sure where you see that? :thinking: it is PCIe 4.0. An M.2 drive does not have a SATA interface unless you put it in an enclosure, and that would be to use it as an external drive only.

The Amazon link you provided comes up with this in the listing. But looking at it again it does also say NVMe as the Hard Disk Interface, but I would expect the Connectivity Technology field to show PCIe.