FW16 M.2 A/E Key slot SDIO support

Does the Framework 16’s A/E key M.2 interface support SDIO?

Looking at the schematic: Framework-Laptop-16/Mainboard/Mainboard_Interfaces_Schematic_Framework_Laptop_16_7040_Series.pdf at main · FrameworkComputer/Framework-Laptop-16 · GitHub

It appears that the SDIO pins are un-used, if I am reading the schematic correctly. Is that correct?

I ask, because I am trying to troubleshoot an MT7921 based M.2 E-key WiFi module which only supports SDIO 3.0 and not PCIe ( Sona™ MT320 - Wi-Fi 6 + Bluetooth® 5.4 Module | Laird Connectivity is Now Ezurio ).

I wanted to run some tests with this card for another project, so I threw it in my FW16 because I thought it would be a quick an easy way to test it. If the M.2 A/E Key slot doesn’t support SDIO, that is fine. I just want to confirm that it should not be working so I can stop trying to troubleshoot.

Thanks,
Pete

Hi. If it is a SDIO wifi card, why not get an adapter and plug it into a SD card expansion card? There is one that takes the larger SD card format now.

I have this adapter: ADP-uSD-M2 and I have the Framework Micro-SD card module, but am also having issues with that configuration and was trying to eliminate points of failure by not using two different layers of adapter to go form M.2 → Micro-SD → USB-C. At that point it isn’t really a Framework support question it is a Linux troubleshooting SDIO/M.2/mt7921s module issue which I am not going to expect support for here.

So back to the original question: Is the E-key M.2 connector wired for SDIO or not?

Thanks,
Pete

I am looking at the same schematic as you. If the schematic is correct, it looks like the SDIO is not connected to anything on the wifi M.2 connector.

Thanks. That was my conclusion but I wanted a second set of eyes to agree.