Graphics Module (AMD Radeon™ RX 7700S) E gpu kit

Does anyone know if they plan to make the Graphics Module (AMD Radeon™ RX 7700S) have a e gpu kit so it can be compatible with the 13 main boards? It would be nice not to have to upgrade to get a GPU compatibility

Frankly? No idea. But it would follow the philosophy of the Cooler Master Case for the F13! If they dont make one, the market for used GPUs when the (hypotethical) “RX 8700S” comes out is going to be non-existing, if not for the (few?) people who bought the machine without a GPU. If they do though, Framework 13 and other brands users will be able to buy used RX 7700Ss and plug them in.
I have no clue about production costs, but the Interposer is already developed, all you’d need is an Interposer → Thunderbolt adapter with power delivery in a plastic or magn-alu alloy case.

1 Like

I recall Framework showing a case to put old Expansion Bay dGPU modules into. I think they didn’t absolutely commit to making it. But given that they make reducing waste a goal, it should happen. They showed it in one of their early videos on the FW16.

1 Like

It be nice to have a hdmi or DVI in the kit no idea how hard it would be just be nice to have

You would have to use an adapter connected to the USB-C display-out on the back of the module. There are no display-out pins present on the internal expansion bay connector.

1 Like

Oh no! Anyway… (plugs in USB-C → DisplayPort Expansion Card)

1 Like

That works. But an adapter on a cord is better. As using an HDMI or DisplayPort Expansion Card would put unnecessary stress on the port, from the leverage of it sticking straight out, then a cable hanging off that.

1 Like

Yeah that’s right., I just find hilarious the skit from the LTT review.

1 Like

Yeah it was funny currently using my frame work as a ai mini pc and server so a portable GPU could be handy when I wanted to do ai stuff faster. If they don’t come out with one I’ll get a Adlink pocket AI portable GPU (EGX-TBT-A500) and use that.