[GUIDE] ANSI-German Clear RGB Keyboard with German Keys

Hey Guys i wanted to share with you the Use of the Clear ANSI Keyboard with a German Key Layout.

First of all i ordered Keyboard Stickers from Keyshort

They arrived within 2 Weeks and are phenomal Quality.

I ordered the Framework Laptop 16 + RGB Macro Pad Full Key Set.
Application was pretty easy.

They are semi Translucent and the Symbols are fully Transparent.

Problem with the Keyboard, the missing <>| Key in Comparison with the Real German Keyboard.
To Help with that Issue Keyshorts provided the YXC Key with the added Symbols.

The biggest Problem is, that the German Layout doesn’t know those Keys with those Symbols.
I created a Custom Software Keyboard Layout with MSKLC to accomodate this. Right ALT with YXC will create <>| if this Layout is Applied in Windows.

I provide the File as a Setup from my Google Drive. If you want to use it you can just Trust me or send the Zip File a through a Virus Scanner.
Unzip it and run the Setup.exe, Done!

Feel Free to Share

ANSI-DE Keyboard Setup.zip

1 Like

Looks very nice. How was the process of getting a what you wanted from keyshorts?

This could also be done within the keyboard in QMK. Using combos would be one way. Sadly the Via GUI (keyboard.frame.work) doesn’t allow one to configure QMK combos. You’d need to either switch to Vial/QMK or add the combos directly into QMK. Despite the name of the Vial github, there are also files for the ANSI keyboard.

1 Like

The Process was pretty easy. You just follow the Link i posted and you are already on the “Search” Page for Framework. There you can clarify your Styling and Design and the applicable Model. And Key Layout. I could also have opted for a TUX instead of the Windows Key or a SUPER Key :smiley: (Somehow the Super Key Style is buggy right now in my Browser.

2 Likes