[GUIDE] [Ubuntu] Razer Core X Chroma eGPU + AMD RX 7900 XTX

@wiggmpk thanks for the info! I actually tried something a little different. I installed HoloOS on an external SSD (a SteamOS 3 clone) and it seems to run my egpu setup just fine! Just plug n play! Resizable BAR seems to be a thing that egpu users want to make use of, my max output is 256mb not 8gb which seems to indicate that ReBAR is off so I gotta figure that out. If you or anyone else knows how to enable that, I’d love the support!

@Red2_StandingBy sorry, I don’t much other than it’s referred to as Resizable Bar on Intel platforms and Smart Memory Access on AMD

1 Like

I have a 4070ti in a PC that has otherwise really old hardware that I might get rid of. Could I use the GPU with the RAzer Core + Framework 13? I know Nvidia has driver issues on Linux, but if I plan to passthrough the graphics to a Windows VM would that be an issue? I assume I wouldn’t need to install a driver on the Linux host and IOMMU works with eGPUs (ive only set up IOMMU on desktops with PCI graphics cards, so i’m not sure if it works the same way with egpus+usbc)

It does work exactly the same way. I already tried the setup with eGPU on Arch Linux passed through to win10 VM on 1050-Ti.
Used TH3P4G2mni from AliExpress.
I can also try on RX6600.

From a functionality perspective, are you able to power your FW13 via the single cable from the eGPU? Or do you need to power the Framework and EGPU seperately? Is the BIOS screen present/functional during boot?

I’m using an AMD FW13 7040 connected to a Razer Core X Chroma with a 3060. So far not getting any video out when using a single cable. I’m using the coolermaster case so it makes it a touch more difficult.